xbox fix methods

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok so remember a while ago i fixed an xbox with red ring?
well if you dont my friend had rrod with out warranty so i removed the xclamps got new thermal paste and used bolts to tighten down the heat sinks
(the xclamps can warp the motherboard over long time periods of high heat)
then i set up the fan so only the gpu over heated (usualy a warped sodder connection is the cause so over heating is causes it to reset back into place)
it worked great for about 5 months id say
then it rrod again tried over heating again didnt work out
so i was thinking of trying a new method
i saw a post a while back on hear about how someone threw a ati gpu in the oven that was broken and it worked and being that companys do this to electronics to refurbish and during manufacturing i figured it might be a good idea to try it? but what i dont no is how long i should leave it in the oven and at what temperature? worth a shot any way right i mean if not the xbox goes in the trash

found it
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=606658
preheat 2 390
leave in for 5-10 mins after 12 things melt ill prob go 7 middle of the ground
let cool
hopefully working xbox :p

uh this just may be me but i really dont think putting a xbox in the oven will help, it will just melt the plastic and melt all the circuits. throwing something at it may help but i seriously doubt it, maybe u should get a xbox 360 or take it to someone who may be able to fix it.

Anyone want to know the easiest way to fix a xbox with the RROD? Ive fixed two..

haha i am talking about a 360
and whats the easiest way because the towel trick is a lazy version of what i did first and only a temporary fix if your lucky for a few days
also as long as its bellow 400 nothing on the motherboard will melt
u can read online often cirecuits are put in an oven during manufacturing even cpus (i was shocked to hear that)
plus if it doesnt work no lose its not my xbox is a friends and hes just going to buy one of those cheap arcade ones if i cant fix it

Intercooler is bad news most of the time. I've seen them restrict air flow a bunch of times. Increasing heat. Better to use the fans that xBox has built in and give the console some space and ventilation

I've seen the towel trick work for a little while, then you just get the RROD again. I would NOT stick an xbox 360 in an oven.....never.

Back
Top Bottom