WTH is this?

compguy91

Fully Optimized
Dear Wei, Repair ID:D14830596
D14830596

The AppleCare Service Phone you requested shipped on 2008-02-05. Please allow two business days for delivery.

Your AppleCare Service Phone shipped via FedEx Air using tracking number 952865806251, which should be active within 24 hours.

Shipping address:
1 CLOSTER COMMONS
ROOM #111
CLOSTER, NEW JERSEY 07624
UNITED STATES

The AppleCare Service Phone will come with instructions for transferring the SIM card from your product to the service phone. You'll also receive instructions for sending your product to Apple using the same shipping box. Please don't use any other box, because if the product is damaged in shipping as a result of improper packaging, it will not be eligible for service and will be returned to you unrepaired. Unless otherwise instructed by an Apple representative, do not include any other items in the box, as they will not be returned to you.

Visit Repair Status to view the current details of your service request.

Regards,
The AppleCare Team

I get this in an email from apple. Some SOB has been using my email address for apple support. I have a feeling I may know who it is, the name Wei sounds an awful lot like a member we had here named Wii who lived in NJ. I will be contacting apple to resolve this issue, and will potentially be calling the authorities for using MY email address without permission.

They do sound alike. I sure hope it's not the same person, but regardless I'm taking action since I don't want my email address given out or used in situations like this. I might contact the PD of that city and give them the address but I don't think that will do any good.

They do sound alike. I sure hope it's not the same person, but regardless I'm taking action since I don't want my email address given out or used in situations like this. I might contact the PD of that city and give them the address but I don't think that will do any good.

not to sound like a jerk or anything but the police wouldnt care, because they have a lot more serious cases to take care of then a email address fraud. Not trying to sound mean or anything dont take it in the wrong way.

not to sound like a jerk or anything but the police wouldnt care, because they have a lot more serious cases to take care of then a email address fraud. Not trying to sound mean or anything dont take it in the wrong way.

Nah you're right. I would rather not bother them anyways and like you said nothing would get done since they're busy anyways. I'll contact apple and see what they can do. The only problem is that their support site isn't very good.

Weird. I'd be mad too if someone was using my email without me giving them permission. Is there any way that he could've got your email password?

The weird thing is that my account shows no record of a service request or anything. I think they probably used it in a form somewhere which sent it over to me.

Nah you're right. I would rather not bother them anyways and like you said nothing would get done since they're busy anyways. I'll contact apple and see what they can do. The only problem is that their support site isn't very good.

yep best way to go about it is straight through apple.

Back
Top Bottom