why is eminem so popular?

I think it's his 'story telling' flow, frequent use of metaphors and catchy beats/lyrics that make Eminem a success.

Unfortunately i'm not into his new stuff probably because he has had to change his style to sell records in this crazy business they call the music industry.

His old records are amazing!

The same reason why Lil Wayne is popular. He was once hyped up, and his beats are catchy. He did have some nice raps over 10 years ago, but he has beats that keep people listening. I have heard Lil Wayne rhyme words with them selves over 10 times in the same song.

Autotune has killed the radio lol

I think it's his 'story telling' flow, frequent use of metaphors and catchy beats/lyrics that make Eminem a success.

Unfortunately i'm not into his new stuff probably because he has had to change his style to sell records in this crazy business they call the music industry.

His old records are amazing!

Yeah exactly, the songs like 'beautiful' and 'not afraid' are amazing. he raps about bad times in his life and if anyone is going through a bad time they can listen to his lyrics and instantly relate.

It's a creative phase that will pass.

I don't think so. It was so prevalent during the 90's and finally became mainstream into the new millennium that every artist is using it.

Frankly, people nowadays don't even have to sing. Auto-Tune does it for them. That's why people are so surprised when they discover that their favorite artists sound the same live as they do on the record.

And even more unfortunately, it doesn't just stick to the rap genre. There are others (I really can't think of any names) using it in rock, pop, and other common genres.

I like the auto-tune effect, but it's so trite these days.

I don't really consider Eminem a musician. His music is more like stand-up comedy set to a beat. He is funny as hell though, I'll give him that.

I see these groups on Facebook that are like... "Eminem doesn't rap about cars or money... he raps about life."

Um, what?
http://www.metrolyrics.com/ski-mask-...cs-eminem.html

But seriously. He really only raps about his daughter, mom, and Dr. Dre.

What sets him apart from all the other rappers, apart from his skin color.

His daughter, mom and Dr. Dre are all there is in his life, so technically he does rap about life.

Yeah exactly, the songs like 'beautiful' and 'not afraid' are amazing. he raps about bad times in his life and if anyone is going through a bad time they can listen to his lyrics and instantly relate.

David has it right.

I don't really consider Eminem a musician. His music is more like stand-up comedy set to a beat. He is funny as hell though, I'll give him that.

Stan
When I'm Gone
The Way I Am
Mockingbird
Like Toy Soldiers
Cleaning Out My ClosetMockingbird
Not Afraid
Beautiful

Hilarious stand up comedy..

Back
Top Bottom