who wants an xboxone when you know this?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
So xboxone was announced and although I have never been a console fanboy and will die a PC gamer that doesnt mean I dont like to not know about them. Anyway, cant be assed to write too much about it here but there are some interesting articles out there about the new Kinect 2.0, thats its always on by default and will always be broadcasting to external severals. In essence it can be viwed as a survlienace devise.

The New Xbox One Will be a "Monitoring Device Under the Guise of a Gaming Console" - The Vigilant Citizen - The Vigilant Citizen

Kinect for Xbox One: An always-on, works-in-the-dark camera and microphone. What could possibly go wrong? | ExtremeTech

Microsofts take on it:

Kinect News: Xbox One: Kinect won't be used to spy on you, camera can be switched off - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

Microsoft can put whatever spin on it they want. Somebody is going to hack one of those boxes and prove they were wrong all along.
Personally speaking I wouldn't have something in my home viewing and/or listening that I could not disable or disconnect.
But for those of you that just got to have one of the new gizmo, folding up a heavy blanket or bed spread and throwing it over the gizmo would give some relative assurance that it couldn't see or hear very well if at all.

yeah thats what I was thinking as well, just chuck something over it. But then I was thought what ever happened to consumer choice and being able to use the product as you want, without Microsoft taking a massive trip back to its orginial evil routes and actually spying on you. At least back then they will were just all about money and monopoly; now it feels like they actually want a piece of my soul from the comfort of my living room.

I haven't done my reading/research on the xboxone yet. I too wouldn't want a device spying on you, It would be very disturbing. Whilst we are on the topic of this new console, Will it be backwards compatible with older games?

according to this, the answer is looking like no:

Xbox One Will Not Have Cloud Or Digital Backwards Compatibility

Microsoft on Xbox One: Backwards compatibility is "really backwards" - Neowin

The more I look at the next gen console the more I thank that I am truely a PC gamer and always will be. THe only thing that I will be thanking them for is that now the PC gaming market can advance more from developers not being limited to out of date hardware from last gen consoles and therefore can push in game grpahics further for the PCS

Last edited:
I have been a PC gamer and console gamer but prefer PC. I don't have the newest games that come out for both platforms because I don't have a PC that will handle them and I am not in to shooter style games as most games that come out are shooters, I rather play games like Sims & Minecraft..

I'm all FPS and racing on my PC but Command and Conquer is the exception.

I'll stick with my PC...

I never planned to switch to console and I have more reasons not to now. :p I never really understood why consoles are so much more popular. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were both worthless piles of crap. And with how fast technology updates now they were outdated quick and it took way too long to come out with the new generation. Meanwhile the graphics of the newest games were held back because of the outdated hardware... I mean, even the original Need For Speed Most Wanted from 2005 really didn't look that great on the 360 compared to my laptop which wasn't exactly a gaming system...

I never planned to switch to console and I have more reasons not to now. :p I never really understood why consoles are so much more popular. The Xbox 360 and PS3 were both worthless piles of crap. And with how fast technology updates now they were outdated quick and it took way too long to come out with the new generation. Meanwhile the graphics of the newest games were held back because of the outdated hardware... I mean, even the original Need For Speed Most Wanted from 2005 really didn't look that great on the 360 compared to my laptop which wasn't exactly a gaming system...

Now now take a step back mr PC Fanboy . . . .

Can we make a point of the fact that an Xbox 360 or PS3 was £350 odd at first release and would outlast a PC for the same price in terms of gaming power two or three times over.

Obviously if you have a decent amount of money then in terms of graphics PC gaming is almost always the way to go as you can afford to buy a £300 graphics card every year, then after 3 years replace your motherboard, CPU and RAM for another £600 - £800 as well. . . . .

I'm neither here nor there to be honest I see the advantages of PC gaming and I see the advantages of console gaming but It frustrates me when people try and come out with out and out statements that are completely wrong.

Back
Top Bottom