Whenever you post a new thread, or just post in general...

jac006

Golden Master
Please, as a courtesy to all the readers, here on CF, please, type in the most grammatically correct way that you can. So that your post is understandable, decipherable, and readable, please try your best to write the way in which others can read it. You wouldn't want to write something profound (who knows) and then have it so full of errors, misspellings, etc. that no one can read it and then just label it as garbage? I think not... So please, try your best to be succinct in your post, too, with good-enough spelling for your age. I think the ranges for this forum go from 12+, so we shouldn't have many problems with age and learning... thanks for taking the time to read this. Sticky this, if possible... or add it something like forum rules, something like that..

ill second this... can we cut the u r 2day and all that rubbish, makes it hard to read, and makes you look like an idiot...

Feircepc said:
lol its just lazy typing lol. i hate typing.

well typing is way nicer than writing with your hand.
And I don't mind someone having "u", "prolly" or "coz".
It just makes it easier and faster to type. And I'm used to it. But I really hate is coz when I write at school, I always try to use "u", but then I have to correct it so that the teacher doesn't get mad. And yes, my english teacher does get mad easily.

Yeah, see, it's a bad habit... I used to type that way too, like with "u" and all that, but I started to use that in papers, etc. and it good really out of hand. Is it really that much of a time saver to type of "coz" instead of because? I don't know.. for me, it's like 1 second difference...

jac006 said:
Yeah, see, it's a bad habit... I used to type that way too, like with "u" and all that, but I started to use that in papers, etc. and it good really out of hand. Is it really that much of a time saver to type of "coz" instead of because? I don't know.. for me, it's like 1 second difference...

Well it really doesn't save that much time. But neither does "u", "r" or any other one that ppl use. It's just nicer to type, and it takes me like 5 seconds to type "you" coz I never find the letters. :D Well actually like 0,5s but sometimes it goes wrong, and that's just so frustrating. :)

I have to admit that lately, there has been a lot of "hard to read" posts. I couldn't pinpoint exactly what they want. Some posts just doesn't even come close to making sense. I don't mean to offend anyone but some of the writing style on here resemble that of a 10 year-old.

Yeah, good point. I think it's illiteracy in general. People seem to be getting dumber, but maybe that's just me. In any case, bad grammar and spelling is a pet peeve of mine.

Which is exactly why I'm asking the members to CF to write the best that they can... we're all smart people. We can type in a way so that people can understand us.

Back
Top Bottom