What TYPE of printer do i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachary825

Beta member
I have 2 computers, a desktop and laptop, both are set up with a Linksys router. I want a printer that is wired but will work wirelessly to my laptop. Which type of printer would i get? I would like an all in one, a picture one is not necessary. I would just like one to print papers for school and stuff. But if anything, it doesnt have to work with my desktop because it is basically broke..
This has stumped me for so long, idk if i get a wireless printer? What shall i do?? and does the usb thing for the printer plug into the router to make it wireless for my laptop??
thankx

There are several options.

1. If you have a printer you can buy a wireless print server. This will plug into the USB on the printer and then connect to the wireless network from your router.

2. You can buy a new wireless printer that has the print server built in.

3. You can plug a normal printer into your desktop, share it, connect to it with your laptop and then the desktop becomes the print server (as long as it is turned on).

If you need more details about any of these post back.

what is a good printer then for me? i have no printer now, i just have a wireless router for the internet.

what would happen if i got a wireless printer? would that work somehow?

Price range?

I got the Epson Workforce wieless printer for $100 a while back and absolutely love it. I not, I cant give you a whole lot of printer advice, except this: Stay away from lexmark, and factor in the cost of the cartridges over time when you buy. If you just buy one without looking, you might end up with it costing $80-100 to replace the ink. Also, never do inkjet refills on a printer of value.

Yea foot its a nice printer but its really big and all that stuff.. All i really need is one to print documents, maybe scan and copy. No fax needed.
But i just want one that maybe is wireless and can connect to my home network via my linksys router if possible.

Yeah, it is big. Although, being wireless you can put it wherever you want.
Shop around for this kind of thing. subscribe to all the computer websites' emails (newegg, tigerdirect,etc.) and you'll probably find an amazing deal within the next couple weeks.

Don't make the wireless thing the main feature you look for because if you buy a non-wireless printer you can always use it on your desktop and enable printer sharing over the network.

oh okay. any can enable wireless printer sharin over the internet with my laptop? dont matter witch one

That's pretty much what I was trying to say.

It doesn't matter what printer you buy because one way or another it can be hooked up to your desktop and your laptop.....

We have a network printer hard wired on our work network. It has the network card built in and just hooks up to the router. Any of the hard wired stations can hit it and when I enable the wireless off the router I can hit it with my laptop.
It's a lot less of a hassle and it's cheaper than getting a wireless.
Check Brother's website.

See something like this:

All-in-one Epson Stylus SX200/SX205 with CISS
Discover high-performance, PC-free printing, scanning and copying. Print high-quality documents and photos and save money with individual inks by only replacing the colour you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom