what are these types of gameshows called?

Never seen that before, but that person who called was an idiot, how would you not know that???

borat_sagdiyev said:
lol. i found out the show is called quizmania.
We had that in England, I think it's a con, yes, they pay out a lot of money, they can afford to, you have to phone in your answers via a high rate line at 75p a call, around $1.50.

Hmph, alot of them charge a £1 connection fee, plus £1.50 a minute, and there is no possible way of winning, they always have things worked out. Just a big con!

joxley1990 said:
Hmph, alot of them charge a £1 connection fee, plus £1.50 a minute, and there is no possible way of winning, they always have things worked out. Just a big con!
There is a group that do pay out huge amounts, they triple the amount for a period, & a woman won £15,000 on one phone call costing 75p & no connection fee, this is "The Mint" so called because winners get a chance to open a vault where they have to crack a 4 figure code, this has happened twice, both winning well over £100,000 about $192,000, all big winners are invited to collect their cheque, live in the studio, this is amazing because the programme is only on at night, between 12 & 4!!, I watch it in bed, as I don't sleep too well, & am having a cup of tea at about 3am, which means thousands are up then & phoning in, & yes, it is definitely alive because some men say something like "f****ng marvellous" when they win, & the presenter has to apologise to viewers.

Back
Top Bottom