what happens when

bobert1

BSOD
say im installing windows vista and then bang lightning to the left of me lightning to the right. im not sure what to do because my computers been updating for the last 2 hours. and i carnt quit becuase it says it will leave my computer at a dangerous state. lighting strikes and then its a black out.

what happens now. how can i fix my computer can i just pop in the disk and start again or is it like a psp and bricked for goood...

When installing an Operating systyem,It does not affect your computer,it only effects the hardrive.If setup was intereupted (By a Black out or something else)You would just have to format your hardrive and then start installation again.Unless of course that a strike of lightning sends a power surge through the house and hits your computer,Then you might have to replace the PSU or even the entire PC.

yer thats happed to me already y i was in bed.it blew the mobo witch blew the psu and blew the video card . you would think its a bad thing but it was under warenty so i got an x800 best card of the time.

Providing nothing has blown on your pc, then you just need to reinstall. If you had surge protection in place then a damaged pc should be eliminated. All my systems are connected to a UPS aswell to make it even safer.

Back
Top Bottom