What to do?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Remember how I wanted that International Scout?

Well.. here is the thing, I had the plan to get it, and this is how it went..

I had 300 and some odd dollars to spend. Well I had a 15'' subwoofer I sold and made 125 dollars on. Then my friend paid me back 20 dollars, and I made 50 dollars on a CRT monitor. So I deposit all that, and various change and bills I had, so now I have somewhere over 500 dollars.

I only needed 400 dollars for a down payment on it, and then do payments thereafter.

So, first argument my dad has against it

1. Where will you keep it?
    -My girlfriends parents shop that is used for storing summer things, like boats and jetskis, but I get the storage FREE.

• How do you get it over there?
    -The seller, also my Power Mechanics class teacher will drive it over there for me.

• -How will you afford license fee and sales tax?
    Its cheap, and I have enough money.

Ok, this is where it gets interesting, when I get everything planned out to a T he brings out this weird shit..

• When are you going to start paying me back for your car?
    -I owe him 6,000 dollars on it. But here is the thing; he said in the summer when we got it, that we would work out a payment thing. Now when I DID try to pay him I get a response such as "Don't worry about it, you need gas money", or "You need to work on your stereo first, we'll figure it out later", or "I haven't talked with your mother about a plan yet". I have no response to that, because he pulled this out of no where..

• Then he asks "What are you going to do about paying me back for insurance?"
    -I don't know what to say for this either, because he never even said I had to pay for insurance!!!

So now, when we talk about it, he says no its not happening, I don't want a junk car around here! But he wont listen, because it wont be here, it will be at my girlfriends parents storage shop, which is across town.

I don't know what to do.... Because they wont let my sell MY sound system, because they think I am being to irrational. Its, just AH I need ideas..

This is what I am talking about....

It is being sold to me for the amout of new parts in it.. And this is a good deal, its about 700 less then other scouts in even worse condition, even ones that dont run!

1023071535a.jpg

1023071535b.jpg

1023071536.jpg

1023071535.jpg

1023071536b.jpg

you cant do much, because your parents have to co-sign the insurance, and you cant own a car until your 18, so they would have to technically own it until your 18.

unless they say yes, you cant just buy it.

I'm not going to be driving, or insuring it for that matter.

All I need to do is transfere the tital for 62 dollars, and sales tax at about 30 dollars.

I suppose the title has to be in their name though, unless I get someone else to do it, but that wouldnt be right, I want to get it with out pissing them off.

there is no reason to bump it while its still on the first page, on the sale page its fine, but here its just not necessary.

I would do my best to convince him, since it seems like the only option you have.

i think the best decision is to forget about it, you cant have everything you want. just save about 300$ and give the rest as a payment on your car, keep a good balance of about 200$ at all times, and youll do really good, also get a job, that goes a long ways.

I love that truck, I would have bought it too. Your parents will eventually understand.

Rudster, Don't tell me when and when not to bump. Seriously...

And I do have a job, infact I get paid tomorrow. We'll see how much that brings in.

D88... Mom understands, and kinda likes the idea, but dad is against it, he'll never understand, so I just have to make him lol.

I'm looking around for things to sell. What is something people want? Something high in demand I could make or something.. Man???

Back
Top Bottom