Went to the Linux Expo today!

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
Hey fellow CFers, hows it all going?

guess what! today i went to the LINUX EXPO! ah it was awesome! It was held in the Sydney Convention Centre in Darling Harbour (which is near the Harbour Bridge).. anyways, WOW!! linux is sure moving along fast! Oracle has started developing its database(sql) and what not on linux machines, SUSE 10 looks a lot like a mac, well its graphical aspects anyways, there is jsut so much! but hey i got a heap of things including!:

SUSE lizard animal thing.. aint it a cutie! (i call him Hugo the SUSE lizard animal thing)
IMG_0038.jpg

hehe My 'Red Hat'
IMG_0039.jpg

Oracle showbag (with a heap of stuff in it)
IMG_0040.jpg

Seperate linux showbag, with alot more stuff in it..
IMG_0041.jpg

And a few of the distros i collected
IMG_0042.jpg

Solaris 10 OS, UBUNTU 5.10, SUSE 9.1, FEDORA CORE 5, 4 and 2, Debian 3.1, Live Knoppix CD and Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise

at least it wasn't another thread about a sandwich, Natalya what do you think is better linux or mac?

Looks like fun. We have something similar here in the US. AMD will hold a public demonstration of its virtualization technology, currently called Pacifica, at LinuxWorld, set to take place April 3-6 in Boston.

The display will be made on Opteron PCs. Virtualization enables a single processor to act as if it were several CPUs which can run multiple operating systems simultaneously. Intel already sells some chips featuring the technology.

joxley1990 said:
Lol, bet that was ace.

How much did those distros cost?

ahhh my darling.... they were all free!!

Hackslayer said:
at least it wasn't another thread about a sandwich, Natalya what do you think is better linux or mac?

Well, they are good for different things, its pretty difficult to choose, each OS has its own forte in different areas.

I envy you with all free distros...I knjow I can dl them, but it's better to have these guys instead. Is there a Linux expo being held here near Montreal?

Back
Top Bottom