Weird Titles Under Someone's Name

waldorfpc

In Runtime
Hi there,

As we know, there are titles under people's names here such as newbie, junior member, guru, and so forth. that is all well and good: however, I saw something that caught my eye.

Under one user's name, I saw "Sayonara, bitches." Is this normal: or, can whatever title you want be inserted at a certain point. Does this have to appear under someone's name. If I have a choice, i'd like that as I vind the B word too vulgar and wish it not to appear under my name. It doesn't represent me. Please advise. Thanks so much.

It's a custom title for "Priviliged users", they get to choose the text

About as important as the "rep" system imo.

Hi there,

As we know, there are titles under people's names here such as newbie, junior member, guru, and so forth. that is all well and good: however, I saw something that caught my eye.

Under one user's name, I saw "Sayonara, bitches." Is this normal: or, can whatever title you want be inserted at a certain point. Does this have to appear under someone's name. If I have a choice, i'd like that as I vind the B word too vulgar and wish it not to appear under my name. It doesn't represent me. Please advise. Thanks so much.
PM David, he'll definitely look into it, IMO the privilege of members being able to put their messages there must not be abused, I for one'll support you.

Which is about as important as what I had for dinner two years ago :D :p
There you go mate, I fixed it for you.

Rep, custom titles etc are rather juvenille, I'd prefer to see some actual knowledge being imparted rather that random repping because the person is thought to be "cool" or a "class society" in the forum, there are some "priviliged members" here whom I wouldn't give the time of day.

The criteria for gaining "priviliged" status is what?? Someone arbitrarily decides on it? give me a break.

/rant

okay, thats your opinion.

I like the rep system, it shows points out the members that help out alot. So it shows the new members whether to trust them or not.

Thanks, i did find it prett offensive. Didn't the rules say that young people view this board under the age of thirteen. though I'm not a mother, I take care of my God children part of the time, and i'm planning to have my own someday. This is not something I'd want them to see. Yes, I'm an adult: however, I don't like it either. Sorry to make such a big stink: but, I just found it vulgar and definitely an abuse of the system to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom