Web Site Setup

xguynameddavex

In Runtime
If theres anything I hate more than anything, its Web Development.

But i figure i will have to learn sometime, so i also figure it might as well be soon. Im wondering if anyone could provide me with information on how to set up a webpage, from my home, available to see on the internet, i swear, im not computer illiterate.

I Just Hate Web Development, because of school (dont ask :p )

I would appreciate any help/tutorials/links to tutorials on my situation. Oh, and one more thing, i would also like to be able to host it from my home, and i would prefer not to pay anything, thats possible right? Just to open a port and host it through My ISP?

Thanks In Advance,
Dave

Because of school? They didn't make you design a website for the headteacher's saudy afterschool moneymaking plan did they?! :D

I wouldn't recommend openning a port, or doing it through the ISP. Do you have XP Pro? You can learn there, and then get proper hosting when you feel you want to show off. XP Pro has IIS 6.0, which will allow you do run pages from http://localhost.

What were you planning on doing? Just doing a tutorial or something? The way I learn I find is to have a plan website in my head, and try and do it. Think, you want a box there. Search for a site with a box like that there, check it out, search for stuff about it, try it. Although if you know absolutely nothing, W3Schools.com has a load of very simple starters for everything.

Back
Top Bottom