True or false

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
So, i have been talking to a friend of mine for the past few days and he wants to buy a new computer. He wants to get a good computer straight from the dealer and not have to upgrade it that much. He was only willing to spend 800 dollars.

Heres what i told him: "Good computers from the factory could cost 1000 dollars or more. It would be better to buy a cheap 400 dollar computer and upgrade than to buy a 1000 dollar computer and risk not getting what you want."

He hasn't yet given me a response, so I am asking you guys.

True or false: It is better to buy a 400 dollar computer and upgrade or to buy a 1000 dollar computer and possibly not get what you expect?

I would have to say false. The $400 computer is usually made with a lower quality board that doesn't have many options for upgrades. Plus in the end, he would end up spending more going that route.

I would say false as well, he will get the latest hardware on a new computer with a piece of mind that it will come with a guarantee should it go wrong, He should go to the shop and ask them what they will give him for that set price, take with him a list of specifications that your Friend is looking for and see if you can cut a deal with the shop.

wow.. good responses people. i dont know, i guess i just said that to him because i have always had good experiences with upgrades, and most 1000 dollar computers i have seen are crap as well. sure, almost all 400 dollar computers come as crap straight from the sales department, but sometimes the 1000 dollar ones do too.

i guess it all depends on the brand of computer. i have had most of my experiences with eMachines. I usually dont recommend a name brand computer to someone I know.

Flase. You spend more on buynig things, and eventually spend over 1500 for them.

Flase. You spend more on buynig things, and eventually spend over 1500 for them.

Yes no point in buying cheep then having to spend more upgrading little bits when you could have got it first time, that would be false economy

false. If you get a 400 dollar pc and you want it to be good you are going to have to upgrade almost every single part. Wasting almost 400 dollars on something that you didn't want in the first place.

i guess it all depends on the brand of computer. i have had most of my experiences with eMachines. I usually dont recommend a name brand computer to someone I know.

That's why you think $1000 computers are crap. Any and all emachines are crap. Dells, HPs and any other computer you get for $1000+ are usually good quality, and have good parts. They all offer customizable options. Check out local PC shops too see what they can do. Usually shops like that can do just about anything.

My eMachines was good to be honest. Not for gaming but for just for normal use that I did for when i had it, never had any problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom