Are there any Cisco certified people on CF?

I was trained for CCNA, but I never took the certification exam. So I guess you could say I'm Cisco trained, but not Cisco certified. In retrospect, I really wish I had. Especially since my training was free. I've heard people pay a lot of money for that training.

spank_fusion said:
I was trained for CCNA, but I never took the certification exam. So I guess you could say I'm Cisco trained, but not Cisco certified. In retrospect, I really wish I had. Especially since my training was free. I've heard people pay a lot of money for that training.
Would you have had to pay for the exams if your training was free?

Uhhhmmm.... no, I think it would have been free, too. I don't remember for sure, but even if there was a fee, it wasn't more than fifty bucks or something like that.

Howdy!

I have my CCNA.. networking is my forte!! im currently studying for MCNE which is a master certified novell engineer. Ive alrady got my CNE. Novell (netware) is all networking stuff which im sure you know!

im thinking of getting a linux certification.

do you guys think thats a good idea?

Looks like a Novell fan. I use to live 5 minutes away from the Novell headquarters in Provo, Utah. My dad says Novell has no future. So I'm thinking getting an MCSE is better a lot of companies that use to run Novell Netware are migrating to WIndows Server.

I took all 4 semesters of the CCNA course but did not take the test. Manage to pull an A in all four classes at the time but since I haven't used it, I lose it. :( I still recall setting up VLANS, a lot of router configs, NAT, telnet, etc. It's a fun hands on training with soem theory to back it up.

I hate those DCE/DTE mix-ups of cable between routers. We had a bad batch of them so it was a good test for us. At least, that's what the instructor told us. Yeah right. That little problem gave our group a headache trying to figure out why our network won't telnet. SHeshhhh.. I guess we should have payed for attention to the first layer in the OSI model---Physical Layer!!!

I want to get into that sorta of stuff, but I'm afraid it's internation buisness for me. I know a lot about networking, as I have set up lans and wans and all that, helping people around me. But as for me, no.

Back
Top Bottom