Computer Forums

Computer Forums (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/)
-   Social Lounge | Off Topic (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/)
-   -   Summer road-trip (http://www.computerforums.org/forums/social-lounge-off-topic/summer-road-trip-174644.html)

mayorredbeard 02-28-2008 04:46 PM

Summer road-trip

So me and my friends are planning a summer road trip, but before we start we need to pick a destination.

It would probably be for 7 days max maybe 5. So we don't want to go anywhere that will take over a day to get to, (We're all from south-western Connecticut). We're college students, so keep that in mind in choosing the destination.

We're either going to pitch in to rent a house so we can party, or, stay in a hotel if we have to. However first things first, a destination!

Help us out!

88 02-28-2008 04:52 PM

Re: Summer road-trip

why plan it? Just pack your shit, get in a vehicle and start driving. Those are the best trips.

mayorredbeard 02-28-2008 04:56 PM

So we don't run out of money on the way there :-P. We want to have a final destination to be heading towards.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 02-28-2008 04:58 PM

I'd say road trip to Vegas but that wouldn't be enough time on only 7 days. Take a road trip to Atlantic City and you'll have plenty of time to have a lot of fun.

JogaBonito1502 02-28-2008 04:59 PM

Florida. Isn't it 1 day to get there? Plus many things to see on the way.

mayorredbeard 02-28-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 (Post 765361)
Florida. Isn't it 1 day to get there? Plus many things to see on the way.

Be more specific, Miami? Orlando? I want go somewhere with lots of other college kids. I know both those places have huge spring break college populations, not sure about summer. Florida is an option, it takes 20 hours to drive there, (if you go fast enough :-D)

Atlantic city would be fun, but were all 18-20 so none of us can gamble.

wmorri 02-28-2008 05:06 PM

I would recommend the OBX that is a great place to kick it and the beaches are something to talk about. I plan on going there in a couple of years when I have a little money to spend. You can rent out a house too if you want, and it doesn't cost all that much money.

88 02-28-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayorredbeard (Post 765357)
So we don't run out of money on the way there :-P. We want to have a final destination to be heading towards.

i c. You're not really close to anything good I don't think. Florida might be your best bet but even that is quite far. If you drove continuously and rotated drivers you can probably get there in a day but it would likely take a whole day.

edit - I would also stick to the east coast and not stray far from it. You're bound to find a sweet place along the way I think. And if you go to Florida stick to the east as well. Miami would be the sickest place to make it too but then you're talking south...way south.

JogaBonito1502 02-28-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayorredbeard (Post 765367)
Be more specific, Miami? Orlando? I want go somewhere with lots of other college kids. I know both those places have huge spring break college populations, not sure about summer. Florida is an option, it takes 20 hours to drive there, (if you go fast enough :-D)

Atlantic city would be fun, but were all 18-20 so none of us can gamble.

Idk about Orlando. Lots of kids going to Disney World and whatnot.

mayorredbeard 02-28-2008 05:15 PM

@wmorri: Is OBX a big college kid place? I don't want to go to a family place and be partying and pissing a lot of people off.

@jogabonito1502: Yeah thats what I was worried about orlando. Thats what i'm worried about alot of these places. Going there and being surrounded by little kids and their families.

@D88: Check your recent rep notes.