Starting a business

anashaddad

Baseband Member
Hi, I am planning to start some of sort of business in the summer vacation. I am 15 years old and I do not live in USA. My three main reasons for starting a business are (1 would be the most important):

1) I liked the idea of business managing and such since I was 10. I would really love to create new stuff and sell it to people. My abimtion in the future is to be a successful tech(probably software) entrepreneur.

2) My other major reason is spending time on something helpful in the summer so I don't feel unproductive by the end of the summer.

3) Of course, I wouldn't mind earning some cash so I could save up for the PS4 ;)

So do you have any suggestions, recommendations, and/or tips for me? I would greatly prefer if the business was online rather than some actual physical work becasue teens working or owning is actually rare in the country I live in. By the way, I would consider freelance to be a business.

I don't think we can help because what needs to be done is already done whether it's online or on ground. In other words, you're too late.

You would have to come up with some ideas that's novel and I only can wish you luck in that respect. By the way, what kind of skills do you have?

When I was young I cut grass and deliver papers to earn some money. Later I went to trade school and learned auto mechanics. That became my tradecraft. Now I'm retired. :)

as a multiple business owner myself. I would know a few things on this. What exactly is it you want to sell? where, and how?

you don't tell us any of your interests, any of your skills. you don't say what you're good at, but all the same want someone to tell you what business would be perfect for you?

if you want ideas you may need to say more about yourself.

you don't tell us any of your interests, any of your skills. you don't say what you're good at, but all the same want someone to tell you what business would be perfect for you?

if you want ideas you may need to say more about yourself.

This - what suggestions do you want? We haven't really got much to go on with what you've said there. You don't even say what country you're living in (apart from it's not the USA) so we couldn't even advise you on how to stay within the law, even if anyone did know that.

Also bear in mind that you're asking on a computer forum, not a business forum, so while I'm sure there are people here who are business savvy, it's not going to be top of the list of everyone's expertise.

With that in mind, here's some questions, hopefully with some hints and advice mixed in:

- What country do you live in? Or if you don't want to say, have you checked the various laws, especially with respect to operating a business as (I presume since you're under 16) a minor?

- With regards to the above, do you know about registering a limited company, business bank accounts, accounting, VAT registration, data protection, etc.? If not then you'll need to build up a very good knowledge of these before you can start building a business.

- You say you want to be in the tech industry - doing what exactly? Where does your skillset lie?

- What exactly will be you be doing in your business? What market research have you done? How will you carve yourself out a niche from other people in the market?

One particular warning bell is that you mention spending time on it over the summer to get some cash - this doesn't sound like a business to me, more trying to earn pocket money when you're not at school. Starting a proper business generally takes a large initial investment, a few years worth of work to build up a reputation, research your market and get a sound business model in place, and a huge amount of full time work.

So, you want to own your own business, but you don't want to do any physical work? Good luck with that. The only way I have ever heard of that happening is when some kid inherits his father's business. You should talk to your Dad and get him motivated...

So, you want to own your own business, but you don't want to do any physical work? Good luck with that. The only way I have ever heard of that happening is when some kid inherits his father's business. You should talk to your Dad and get him motivated...

How old are you? I don't know if there is a more rude way to say that. ASS!

@ admins, sorry for that, felt is needed to be said. People can't just go around acting like such an, well ^^...

On my side, I started at a young age, I think it is a great idea, he just has to think it through a little better.

@ berry, he is located in united arab. Gotta look at his location on his tag :p

Back
Top Bottom