St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Giancarlo

Banned
One of the brighter sides of Valentine's day... just kidding...

capone2.gif

"Capone had a gangster from Detroit set up a deal with Moran for a quantity of liquor that had been recently hijacked. Moran accepted the deal and arranged to take possession at a garage at 2122 North Clark Street on February 14th, 1929. Capone's friends from Detroit informed him of the arrangements and phase two of the plan went into effect. Capone's team acquired a police paddy wagon, either by theft or bribery, and police uniforms and proceeded to the garage on the morning of the 14th. Two of the hit team dressed in the police uniforms, the others wore long coats and presumably looked like the detectives of the group. They pulled up to the front of the garage and all charged out and in to the building just as the police would have in a routine raid. Inside the garage were six members of Moran's gang (the old O'Banion gang) - Adam Meyer, John May, James Clark, Al Weinshank, the Gusenburg brothers, Frank and Pete and an optometrist Dr. Reinhardt Schwimmer who picked a bad day to visit. The hit team had all seven men stand up and face the wall. The seven complied, expecting a pat down search for weapons and identification. Then two of Capone's men opened up with Thompson submachine guns, peppering each victim with numerous rounds from the .45 caliber weapon. The hoods disguised as cops then took the guns and marched the plain clothed gun men out of the garage with their hands raised as if they were under arrest. They all got into the police wagon and drove off."

http://www.gambino.com/bio/valentinesday.htm

Why do people consider it to be damn important.. hundereds of people get killed every year.. I mean yeah, it's 7 people killed.. but last year some dude in a power plant in the Plains just gunned down 5 people out of rage, before killing himself. No one made a huge deal out of that..

I read in the NYTimes yesterday that many singles are referring to today as "Black Monday" so I wrote this poem-

roses are red
violets are blue
today is "Black Monday"
wish it were Tue.

death is nothing new on valentines day
The good Saint Valentine was a priest at Rome in the days of Claudius II. He and Saint Marius aided the Christian martyrs and secretly married couples, and for this kind deed Saint Valentine was apprehended and dragged before the Prefect of Rome, who condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. He suffered martyrdom on the 14th day of February,

http://www.pictureframes.co.uk/pages/saint_valentine.htm

rakedog said:
Why do people consider it to be damn important.. hundereds of people get killed every year.. I mean yeah, it's 7 people killed.. but last year some dude in a power plant in the Plains just gunned down 5 people out of rage, before killing himself. No one made a huge deal out of that..

It was just a historical event in history. Say if Hitler was killed before the war began, it would of been one person.... but its consequences are huge. You realize that the St Valentine's Day massacre sparked a mob war that rocked the US in the 30s?

Back
Top Bottom