Split from 9/11 Thread

root

Site Team
Staff member
It's pretty sad when man is able to create more destruction than mother nature..
Ehh.... I seem to remeber a natural hurrican leveled an entier city around this time last year... not just two buildings...

Nature is far more desructive than man...

For me it's not just the event, (which was shocking)... but also the after effects...

the weirdest thing that I can recall from the day was being told by a co-worker who was reading about it on the BBC news website... text messageing my girlfriend to find out if she knew... she was at work, but had been told by my brother, (as she is american he thought she might like to know)...

I also remember that she was saying something about her dad being late home from work that day as they had special security procedures. due to the job he worked in, (even thouh it was in London)...

the events that happened five years ago started an all out war that has seen so many more hundreds of thousands of people die, all for ideals...

Re: 9/11

root said:
Ehh.... I seem to remeber a natural hurrican leveled an entier city around this time last year... not just two buildings...

Nature is far more desructive than man...
Yes, but see those were just two planes... not bombs... which as you know are man-made devices of mass destruction.

Remember Nagasaki and Hiroshima? both of those cities were completely leveled by the atomic bombs.. and those are like hand grenades in comparison to the nukes we have today.. if even an old atomic bomb from WW2 went off in the middle NYC, it would have easily leveled the entire city, and the radiation would have caused damage to the surrounding areas and people..

Yes... the bombs that were dropped on Japan were small compared with todays standards, though they certainly arn't hand grenades in comparisson. (a few megatonnes difference.!) (megatonne being a measure of explosives when compared to however many million tones of dynamite are required to make the same explosion)...

I split this from the original thread, because I don't think that anyone can respond to these comments with respect for the dead...

I watched V for Vendetta last night... anyone else seen it and think it's a very clever social commentry... almost eerie prediction of things to come?

rember the tsunami?

that killed and displaced more people than the bombs in japan.. over a much wider area too..

root said:
Yes... the bombs that were dropped on Japan were small compared with todays standards, though they certainly arn't hand grenades in comparisson. (a few megatonnes difference.!) (megatonne being a measure of explosives when compared to however many million tones of dynamite are required to make the same explosion)...

I split this from the original thread, because I don't think that anyone can respond to these comments with respect for the dead...

I watched V for Vendetta last night... anyone else seen it and think it's a very clever social commentry... almost eerie prediction of things to come?
I can't even remember the real number of megaton those bombs used... but yeah, hand grenades might not be a good analogy.. but you get my point.

Back
Top Bottom