So is it true?

meh...people keep saying that these wars are costing us billions which could have been better spent - but lets be honest, has life changed noticeably for the worse during the first few years of the war (not including the whole "credit crunch") i dont think it has..

The money spent in this war would have just been saved up for another war i reckon, or spent on some useless "project" that would be doomed from the beginning :rolleyes:

They say we could have ended all poverty in the US with the money spent in Iraq. We could have also fixed every single road and bride in the US with just one years worth of the money spent there. I don't remember my sources, but that sounds about right. Imagine how cheap gas would be right now if not for the war.

I have a feeling the stock market will crash soon. Just watch. The price of oil goes up, almost every other stock drops. The price of oil drops, almost every other stock rises. The Dow Jones Industrial is below 12K for the first time in months. I was so happy when I saw it reach 14K awhile back (Oct 1, 2007 if I remember correctly). I watched it happen on MSNBC. But that day is long gone, and will probably never happen again.

The price of oil has nothing to do with the war. Its because other countries are starting to use more oil so the price goes up even though larger nations like the US demand has gone down slightly. There is a supply shortage, right now there is more demand than supply. A few years ago it was the other way around.

Gas prices have dropped recently. And I mean very recently. I think the war did take $$ from other things, but like mentioned above some of it would probably have gone to waste on some useless project.

They say we could have ended all poverty in the US with the money spent in Iraq. We could have also fixed every single road and bride in the US with just one years worth of the money spent there. I don't remember my sources, but that sounds about right. Imagine how cheap gas would be right now if not for the war.

I have a feeling the stock market will crash soon. Just watch. The price of oil goes up, almost every other stock drops. The price of oil drops, almost every other stock rises. The Dow Jones Industrial is below 12K for the first time in months. I was so happy when I saw it reach 14K awhile back (Oct 1, 2007 if I remember correctly). I watched it happen on MSNBC. But that day is long gone, and will probably never happen again.

first off, nothing will ever solve poverty, nothing will. as much as we'd like that to happen it wont, too many people are addicted to drugs and live that kind of lifestyle and theres no way we can change that.

second, as hascet said, the war hasnt effected oil. if it has, its affected it a very little amount. the fact of the matter is, china is becoming a super power, they are building an entire highway system in 10 years when it took us 50-60 to build ours. they are growing soo rapidly and using so many resources they are our main competitor for oil currently. its going to be very interesting to see what happens to china...

Back
Top Bottom