So my Raptor just died

Cabbs

Golden Master
Came home from school to see the little bar going across the screen over and over again. Vista CD didn't do anything and my XP CD BSOD's with this drive in the system. I stuck some random 160GB drive in and XP's running fine. I'm pissed :mad:

Yeah. Supposed to be really reliable. But no matter how reliable something is, it'll go down eventually. It just irritates me when I have a two 8 year old+ drives still running.

Now that your pc is running did you try the raptor as a slave?

Is it recognised? if it is have you run WD tools on it?

Is it still under warrenty? Go to the WD site and put the serial number in and it will tell you about the warranty.

Haven't tried yet, too tired yesterday lol. I'll try putting it in later to see if I can do anything with it, I'm in school right now. It's still under warranty. I've had it less than two years and it comes with a five year warranty. I just hope they dont ask for a receipt.

That sucks...But its the main reason why I invest in cheaper drives and then RAID them. No matter how reliable a drive is, it will eventually fail.

that sucks i brought a 74Gb raptor off ebay. it was all working great when i tested it and then i took it out i dropped it. now all it does is make a nice clunking sound

Those hard drives are a waste of money IMO. Whats the point of it being fast if it's unreliable? Just get a couple 7200rpm drives and run 'em in raid 0, better off that way.

Back
Top Bottom