Shoulda' been a lawyer.

i dunno, it seems recently im starting to regret being 'that much' into IT.

the IT city and guilds stuff just gets under my skin, starting to think i should have gone to law school, you seen how much they make? :0

What is it that annoys you about the course? When I did my IT course at college, it was alot more focused on MS office etc. Its not till you actually start working in IT that you get involved in real technical stuff.

What is it that annoys you about the course? When I did my IT course at college, it was alot more focused on MS office etc. Its not till you actually start working in IT that you get involved in real technical stuff.

im doing MCITP, CompTIA A+, Microsoft MTA and CompTIA Network+

its the City & Guilds bits that i hate though, the long winded assignments.

i dunno, it seems recently im starting to regret being 'that much' into IT.

the IT city and guilds stuff just gets under my skin, starting to think i should have gone to law school, you seen how much they make? :0

hmmm... reminds me of a joke.

Q: What do you call one thousand lawyers at the bottom of the sea?

A: A good start...

IMHO, the world has more than enough lawyers already. But we can always use more technically competent people! (lots more)

:)

im doing MCITP, CompTIA A+, Microsoft MTA and CompTIA Network+

its the City & Guilds bits that i hate though, the long winded assignments.

ok, I see what you're getting at there, you want to fix computers, you don't want to write essays on how you fix computers.

the thing is those essays are going to teach you how to write documents.

it's one thing knowing your stuff, being able to implement an excahnge server (for example) with your eyes closed, but unless you can write the design so that it can be signed off by budget holders, you're never going to be able to start implementing solutions.
unless you can write documentation to hand over stuff that you've put in to support people, you're never going to be able to stop working on the environment that you finished building years ago.

all you've got to do is stick with it! the college course will be over soon, and whilst in your first job you may start at the bottom just supporting stuff that other people have put in, eventually you're going to have to talk to customers, or write designs, or reports or whatever, and having done all those assignments will help you in developing that skill that will differentiate you from the other people you work with that didn't have to do that stuff.

When you're learning in schools, doing essays is still something to do. That doesn't mean you'll do essays for the rest of your life.

The thing with law, is that you need a lot of learning, and you got to be a good lawyer, capable of backing up their arguments with every single bit of law they can have at hand to use. It pays off, but it stresses you like crazy and the route to get there isn't that easy. If your winning rates are bad, higher the chances will be that people won't take you for their legal issues.

I find IT being something I can handle. Something where I can put my thinking into, something that you'll always discover in technology. I'm the type of guy who's oriented in hardware (Hence the motherboard wall that keeps growing), so I'm still in the looks for new components and technologies in that department.

Back
Top Bottom