School Dilemma

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
In My Web Design class this year, I had one of those stupid teachers that fall in to the "if you cant do, teach" category. Well She would always assign us things to do in class, And was a very VERY confusing grader. Nothing was ever right for her.

Honestly, In web design, I do some nice stuff. Pretty much all of my stuff turns into professional quality. Well, For some reason, Even though All My web pages did everything she asked for, and more, I would never even get "C"s on my work, she wouldnt explain why, she just thought it was a "C" web page. -_- The really ticked me off, I tried so hard but whatever I did I didnt do good in her eyes.

Well, I pretty much assumed she didn't like how good it was or some stupid psychology stuff with her head maybe, I dont know. So I had one assignment, did everything exactly like she said, didn't stray from instructions at all. Still didn't get an A. By then I was really pissed off with her so Im like you know what, screw it. I stopped doing any work in that class

Why bother right? I mean Im not getting the grades I deserve anyways. Well Dad sees it my way, mom doesnt. She just told me if I bring home a "bad" report card Im grounded all summer. Well..... My Idea of a bad grade is a C, I've only even had one D in my life, and Now in that class I have a "3.8" (An F) I think mom will have a heart attack.

Kind of sweating it now, I mean that teacher pretty much took my entire desire to be a web designer and stomped on it, kicked it around, and threw it in the trash. So I just gave up, and now giving up is coming to bite me in the rear.. *sigh* I think I would expect paradox to make a sudden dissapearance for a few months later on this month if I were you guys =\

Btw: Dont know how other countries grade, but here its 100 is perfect, 0 is nothing, out grades go from A, B, C, D, then F (A good, F bad) So Yeah... 3.8... on my final report.... Heh..

Do you need the class to graduate. If not i'd just drop it and take it again with another teacher if that is possible.

Its not a required class, and there is no dropping clases in highschool I'm just going to have one less credit when I graduate. (its ok though, we need 28 to graduate, the way the schools set up we have 8 a year for 4 years though lol

dont worry about it - teachers are always like that - im at University and they all do that kind of thing there, some are pathetic - and simply dont know, if you dont stray from the question typically you will be between a C and a B, if you stick to the question and add in RELEVENT additions you will get a B - A.

On the next assignment don't follow her instructions just do something else she's failing you anyway who knows you may get a good grade.

Paradox.... heres the thing about web design. everyone likes different things, and chances are the teacher doesnt like your "style" F*** her if she doesnt like it, you like what you like she likes what she likes, doesnt mean what you are doing is wrong. it just means your style isnt the same as hers. and just because someone else doesnt like it, that doesnt mean you should stop doing it. Do what makes you happy, thats all that matters.

Just continue to do her projects and continue to use the practice.
You may just learn something new.. ;)

Seriously though, I don't think your mom will ground you if your dad is on your side.

Baha, in my house what my Mom said went, didn't matter what my dad said... :D :D :D :D

I'm sure she'll understand if you explain how you did the assignments according to her directions and still cant' get a good mark.

Show your parents what you did in this class, and go hey look I love web design its not that I don't try in that class, its teh teacher. My parents saw my D in personnal fiance and C in word processing and they knew since one was a business class and the other was a computer class the two areas that I excel in they said just pass the class and get over it. Which I will my tech teacher SUCKS! GRR I could rant about her all day long but i'll try not too.

But seriously be like ok dad, mom we design webpages and my teacher is a realyl crazy grader thats why my grades are low in that class. Heres some of that stuff i've done, (if its good) they'll mostly likely agree that it was the teacher. My parents ground me for my grade in my personnal fiance class and word porcessing OMFG 100 WPM at 90% acc makes me better the teacher yet I still have a C.

I have 8 days. 8 days to go from a 4 to atleast a 60? not happening =\ I failed the class, I'm just like "screw it" I know more than they teach in that curriculumn anways. They only get up to HTML, minor Javascript, and Flash. I know HTML, Javascript, Flash, PHP, ASP, XML, XHTML, CSS, Some SGL, a Bit about RSS, I figured itd be an easy class and Im failing it. Its bull anyways

Back
Top Bottom