Sadaam was bad, but....

Brookfield

Golden Master
Sadaam was an absolute tyrant, nobody can deny that, but on TV yesterday in a German, or Austrian village, not sure which, workers were refurbishing a small churchyard, & dug up nearly 200 skeletons of children, buried in a mass grave, on the same programme, they brought up other WW2 facts;

200,000 disabled people were killed, as were 25000 children, & 30,000 homosexuals, plus the millions that were gassed in the death camps.

In all honsety he wasn't too terriable, and leaving him alone would of saved us a lot of hassle.

Nik00117 said:
In all honsety he wasn't too terriable, and leaving him alone would of saved us a lot of hassle.

Yeah, I mean, killing thousands of innocent people, being a dictator (which means that he can do whatever he wants and the people living in Iraq had nothing to say about it). And lots of other stuff like invading Kuwait etc. Ohh, did I mention killing alot of innocent people?

Yeah, that ain't bad, he was a pretty nice guy actually....

But leaving him alone would have been one of the options, certainly less people would have died. (speaking of short term here) But IF they ever manage to end the fighting in Iraq and get democracy working then everything will be better over there.

the trouble with leaving Saddam in power was...

1, he did commit genocide... (or at least ordered it), that's just not a friendly thing to do.

2, he was very sympathetic to movements such as the Talliban and that terrorist organisation that I can't spell... (weapons funds etc...).

Yeah I heard that on the radio about how the nazis wanted to eliminate anyone who was not normal in the slightest way

thats funny consididering hitler was the total opposite from the 'perfect' german.. he was austrian, not german, had brown/black hair, not blonde, and had brown eyes, not blue..

saddam wasnt that bad? tell that to the families of the thousands he ordered to be murdered..

Both hitler and saddam are terrible people. saddam kills his own family members even.

Nik00117 said:

I'm sorry but you're friggin' out of your mind. Tell that to all the people who have to live with the fact one of their family members or friends died in the Holocaust.
Don't you have a heart?

Yeah, I mean, killing thousands of innocent people, being a dictator (which means that he can do whatever he wants and the people living in Iraq had nothing to say about it). And lots of other stuff like invading Kuwait etc. Ohh, did I mention killing alot of innocent people?

Yeah, that ain't bad, he was a pretty nice guy actually....

But leaving him alone would have been one of the options, certainly less people would have died. (speaking of short term here) But IF they ever manage to end the fighting in Iraq and get democracy working then everything will be better over there.

Ok, lets compare him to Hitler or even worse Stalin, he wasnt too bad. And has taking him out of power done more good then harm? He wasn't worth what it cost to take him out. And I read a article about the CIA saying that Saddam had little to any connections with tailban. Sadly enough Saddam had NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11. Only Bush's relectionn.

I'm sorry but you're friggin' out of your mind. Tell that to all the people who have to live with the fact one of their family members or friends died in the Holocaust.
Don't you have a heart?

Lets ask all the soliders faimlies that have died, civlian contracters brits and americans both, ask them if the pricee they paid to take Saddam was worth it?

Hilter killed millions and attempted to conquer the world. Stalin killed more then hitler, and supressed half of europe and all of russia. Saddam kills some kurds, and a few poeple here and there just like any other dictator. If you want to be self righteous go take out N. Korea president, or Cuban, or China President THEN YOU CAN say your self reighteous.

Those poeple have done more then or at least the same as Saddam, but we didn't take them out. Hell N. Korea is developing nukes, and preparing to test them, Saddam was shining his pistol, Iran is supply many more times the terrioist groups then Saddam ever had the chance, and Syria is helpign. Why haven't we taken them out?

Saddam was a terriable man, but he wasn't worth the cost is he is costing us and thats the cold hard turth.

Poeple theres the ideal world, and real world. I'm sorry if I was president and the country next to me killed 10,000 poeple, but it'd cos tme 10,000 to take him out, I would ignore it.

World didn't save Rawanda and thats far worse then what Saddam did, over a million poeple died in 10 months as the world sat by. Hell the UN even had a ploicy not to refer to the indicent as genocide.

Also you want to be self righteous, well why doen't we get 50,000 troops and toss them in Sudan, the government is attacking and killing its own poeple!

This is what we should of done with Saddam, take a Sniper Unit or Navy Seal unit, drop into Iraq near Saddam palace, take him out and go home. Lot cheaper, and a lot less lives lost.

Back
Top Bottom