Road Wars USA

Brookfield

Golden Master
This programme is running on TV over here, & last night an English cop was seconded to the Chigago police force, while he was there, they allowed him to make comments, as you will all know Chicago is a tough neighbourhood, one of the points our guy made, [a huge guy, very muscular, shaved head, who wrestled an offender to the ground as we watched] remarked on their cool attitude to D & D, drink & drive offenders, automatic question "how many drinks you guys had", same answer every time, "two", Officer, "no more, OK, on your way", as he said that would never happen in Britain, a response vehicle would be called & they'd be taken off, he reckons that they are only interested in gang crimes, which are admittedlly a huge problem there, as they are in New York, & many other cities, we witnessed running battles between rival gangs, also between police & gangs, plenty of gunfire, we were shown the wounds, the Chicago cops said that a gang member would pick out an innocent guy on a street & shoot him just because of the way he was dressed, the guy might be wearing a green shirt, & would be shot or knifed just because that was a colour that his gang wore, I'm not naive, but I was blown away by this.

Being knifed because of the colour of shirt that you wear is stupidity at it's worst...

Doesn't shock me at all. In places like Chicago, that's just as routine as anything.

UK31337 said:
Doesn't shock me at all. In places like Chicago, that's just as routine as anything.
Yes, & I've heard there are areas in Scotland that have high street crime rates, such a shame, a beautiful country, I'd like to see it, but I can't travel too far these days, my parents lived there for a while, in WW1, he was in the RFC, he had patrolled the Forth Bridge, watching out for zeppelins.

Cops over here are interested in the fines. UK cops don't worry about the gang crimes, immigration etc they like to pull people over doing 32mph in a 30 zone so they can pull in the revenue

you never seen anything like that here, i live in a small lake town lol....but even seattle we dont hear much about stuff like this..

I was born in chicago, and you guys have to remember that that kind of stuff isnt the bulk of what chicago is like. Thats just mainly the south side, where all the ghettos and appartments are. Chicago is a great city, its also really diverse. Since houses are so much there, poor people, who are mainly the ones in the gangs, are confined to the south side ghettos. If youd really like to get a taste of each country go to chicago, its amazing how theres like sections, where this part of the city is mostly polish, with tons of polish bakeries and meat shops, then this side is italian where you can find anything italian. Chicago isnt a bad place, unless you live in the ghettos!

David Lindon said:
Cops over here are interested in the fines. UK cops don't worry about the gang crimes, immigration etc they like to pull people over doing 32mph in a 30 zone so they can pull in the revenue

Well said, i have just been fined and three points for doing 53 in a 50

Back
Top Bottom