RIP Scott Kalitta

Jesus, what was a really bad accident. That really sucks, my condolences to his friends and family.

dont know the guy, but i agree with what cabbs said.
its not nice when someone so young dies :(

... It set alight long before it crashed though. The entire top of the car flies up in the explosion, followed by it blowing up before hitting anything else I think...

Yeah, I was watching this on espn when they were talking about him and they showed the accident. Man that was a nasty accident but thats the risk you take when you get in one of those things. All the drivers know it and they always have it in the back of their minds.

RIP Scott Kalitta and my condolences to his family.

... It set alight long before it crashed though. The entire top of the car flies up in the explosion, followed by it blowing up before hitting anything else I think...

Well, the top of the car you see is basically the "shell" of the racecar. I don't know if you've ever watched it before, but many race cars have a shell that can literally be lifted off with your hands and exposes the engine bay, the driver seat, etc.

Many NHRA racers have survived crashes similar to this one, but none have been as violent where the driver, still in the car, has crashed into the barricades at the end of the racetrack at such high speeds.

Holy crap, I can't think of a drag racer's life ending any worse than that, like drag racing is dangerous but that explosion was just really unexpected in the video.

Back
Top Bottom