Resident Medic? Lol

ghostFL

Fully Optimized
Lol, Ok. These pics are from last night.

This morning, there is a bubble on top like almost an inch tall. Haha.

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

Should I cut it open?

edit* NOW:
IMG_1786.jpg

How the heck have you done that? You should go get it checked out!

oh ive seen that on the x-files, turns out its a slug growing inside your hand im afraid ;) :p kidding :D

Lol looks like a bad poison ivy blister. Would say its poison oak, but poison oak tends to leave rashes around the blisters that look like scabs.

You should definitely not pop it open. It's tempting yes, but there is fluid in there. And as soon as you pop it it will ooze out to the surrounding area no matter what you do. This will spread the area of irritation to increase and spread, often beyond just the immediate area. You might find you soon develop a rash or blister on other parts of your body such as your leg or neck; as it will inevitably spread.

While the fluid in the blister isn't the plants oil, (it's basically salt water as a result of the irritation), it often contains traces of the plant oil.

Get a product called Super Ivy Dry. Ask for it by name. It works by drying up the plant oils, then using certain vitamins and minerals to reduce the spreading of the rash and speed recovery. It also contains aloe which helps the itching. If you find it itches too much, (the blisters aren't always incredibly itchy, different reactions for different people. In fact some people get poison ivy but don't think its itchy), run it under cold water. It will feel as if your itching it, while the water carries away the oils that would normally spread to other parts of your body and increase the area of irritation.

Popping it will also open up a serious chance of infection; which wouldn't be fun either.

Take a rag wet with water and put it in the fridge. Place it on top of the blister, but make sure its not too heavy that it pops it, (probably won't depending on how much fluid is in it). It should help reduce the swelling of the area as the inflamed skin shrinks and the fluid is broken down and made inert over time.

Leave it open to air as much as possible, this will hasten the drying out of the blister, which will speed healing. I've heard of people hair drying their areas of irritation to reduce swelling and increase recovery, yet I do not personally have experience doing this. You can also fill a bucket or tub with water, baking soda, and oatmeal and soak it in that. That will also spread recovery.

You can also make a paste out of baking soda and apply it to the infected area, (dont use your hand to spread it on though). If you haven' thoroughly clean the area to remove any plant oils that may be in the area.

It will heal much faster if you don't pop it.

I was a scout :-D

Lol looks like a bad poison ivy blister. Would say its poison oak, but poison oak tends to leave rashes around the blisters that look like scabs.

You should definitely not pop it open. It's tempting yes, but there is fluid in there. And as soon as you pop it it will ooze out to the surrounding area no matter what you do. This will spread the area of irritation to increase and spread, often beyond just the immediate area. You might find you soon develop a rash or blister on other parts of your body such as your leg or neck; as it will inevitably spread.

While the fluid in the blister isn't the plants oil, (it's basically salt water as a result of the irritation), it often contains traces of the plant oil.

Get a product called Super Ivy Dry. Ask for it by name. It works by drying up the plant oils, then using certain vitamins and minerals to reduce the spreading of the rash and speed recovery. It also contains aloe which helps the itching. If you find it itches too much, (the blisters aren't always incredibly itchy, different reactions for different people. In fact some people get poison ivy but don't think its itchy), run it under cold water. It will feel as if your itching it, while the water carries away the oils that would normally spread to other parts of your body and increase the area of irritation.

Popping it will also open up a serious chance of infection; which wouldn't be fun either.

Take a rag wet with water and put it in the fridge. Place it on top of the blister, but make sure its not too heavy that it pops it, (probably won't depending on how much fluid is in it). It should help reduce the swelling of the area as the inflamed skin shrinks and the fluid is broken down and made inert over time.

Leave it open to air as much as possible, this will hasten the drying out of the blister, which will speed healing. I've heard of people hair drying their areas of irritation to reduce swelling and increase recovery, yet I do not personally have experience doing this. You can also fill a bucket or tub with water, baking soda, and oatmeal and soak it in that. That will also spread recovery.

You can also make a paste out of baking soda and apply it to the infected area, (dont use your hand to spread it on though). If you haven' thoroughly clean the area to remove any plant oils that may be in the area.

It will heal much faster if you don't pop it.

I was a scout :-D

Not bad at all, Not bad. I was going to say the same thing, It looks just like Poison Ivy, and as Redbeard stated, Don't pop it as the oils underneath will likely just spread it. Me personally, I would still go to the Doctor, Nothing beats Physician Medication vs OTC.

Not bad at all, Not bad. I was going to say the same thing, It looks just like Poison Ivy, and as Redbeard stated, Don't pop it as the oils underneath will likely just spread it. Me personally, I would still go to the Doctor, Nothing beats Physician Medication vs OTC.

Thats true. But my insurance sucks so my co-pay is huge; so I avoid the doctor like the plague.

PS: Show the blister to the ladies, they'll thing its rebellious and dangerous lol

ya, as sensei said, go see a doctor, this isnt really something you can take care of yourself, you obviously have a major allergic reaction to poison ivy or whatever you came in contact with and it may take a prescription to take care of the problem

whatever you do, DO NOT POP IT

Lmao, nawwwwww sonnnnn.

I spilled a bowl of boiling vegetable oil all over my hand ;P

Back
Top Bottom