religon (if this offened any one im sorry ill have a mod take it down)

esa193

Fully Optimized
ok well im getting confirmed soon into the protestant religion
and before i get confirmed
id like to no of what other peoples thoughts are about god
and the big questions in life like
where did we come from?

like i said
if any one has a problem at all
any one please tell me and ill have a mod take this down
i don't want to offend any one
i just don't no if i want to stay protestant

Im about half and half. The bible seems to leave some things out. For instance, where are the dinosaurs? We have proof that they existed, yet they are never mentioned.

its been proven that humans evolved from evolution so IMO the whole bible's(or other holy book's) crediblity is in jeporady.

i always thought it would be funny if the bible was just a story and was never intended to be belivied

EDIT
@celegorm
humans didnt exsist 200 million years ago not even apes. mostly lizzards like the crocidle(they have been around that long :)) i have never took a fancy in religion but i know it says that god created everything and it never says anything about the dino's.

IMO its just too farfetched. most people dont belive in ghosts, ghouls etc. but they belive that a soul(esentially a ghost) created the whole earth just by making it with his bare hands:confused: but billions have people belive that. no offense to people who do but its too farfetched for me who's logic is higher than most ive met:rolleyes:

People believing in god doesn't matter to me, you are free to believe in what you want.

However, I find the vast majority of organized religion absolutely appalling. Most of it is nothing but hatred, spreading sexism and homophobia, among other things. To me a religious figure such as the pope is a symbol of oppression and hatred.

I hate religious people telling me that "you are wrong", comparing me to animals, telling me I'm going to hell, and such other things.

well my friend told me this and i actually like his idea it makes so much sense to me

every thing has a cause and effect
every single thing in life
and thats no difference in the way life works
and in order to have a cause and effect
u must have a higher power to start it (whether it be a god or something completely different )
and that people thousands of years ago and still today are not intelligent enough to explain every thing that goes on in life
and to make things make sense they make up storys or gods or w/e
and the only way to find out what that higher power is
is threw death
because only threw death can we discover what cause life to start and end

I'm catholic, but idk the differences, pretty much the same, cept only catholics go to heavon... lol, jk
One thing that is always an argument is evolution, or creationism. I think the ppl that believe totally in creationism are completely wrong. I mean, the bible is parabols, stories, its not fact, and thats the point ppl with creationism miss. My belief is that It started with creationism, the 7 days, were Gods prebuilding, in our time, it wasnt 7 days tho. I think God made the big bang theory, had everything planed after that, and it took a couple billion years to go, but although it follows Gods plan, after the big bang or whatever he did to start it all, science took off from there.
If you understand what I am saying, thats my thoughts.

DJ-chris i completely agree with u
i hate how all these religions r
raciest sex est
and force there beliefs on you
also saying your a bad person is you dont give as much money as you
can to a church so they can have bigger buildings and nice stuph
that is not needed to pray to there gods

rudster
thats y i like my friends idea so much
cuz i makes sense

hey esa instead of hitting enter yourself can you just let the thing "spill over" because i cant stand all the short lines, just use periods please :)

i also think religion is what corrupted the human race into this hate or whatever you call it, every other species can live in harmony for the most part what makes us different other then our inteligence i dunno probably our beliefs. thats my two cents but im sure somone disagrees.

I'll admit I'm somewhat religious but I'm not a fanatic. I have to agree with DJ Chris, a lot of people in churches are judging and seem to be phony. I honestly don't care whether someone is gay, straight, religious, or not. It's not my job to judge them and people will believe what they want. I have a big problem with religions telling ME what I can and cannot believe, and telling me to accept other people yet they can't accept other ways of life. Yeah gay relations aren't in the bible but that doesn't mean we should treat them any different than anyone else. I live in the south, known as the "bible belt" and I don't like how judgemental some people are down here and how if you're not extremely religious you're a social outcast. Yeah I believe in god and I think some of the bible is true but I don't believe it's my job or a churches job to judge us.

Back
Top Bottom