realistic FPS games?

mammikoura

Golden Master
so anybody know any realistic FPS games. I prefer games with modern weapons etc., but a WWII one will do fine too.

And the more realistic the better.

Call of Duty.

In terms of realism, spot on. Captures the warfare action beautifully.

In terms of realisticness in terms of how it plays, yes, though any war game could be considered realistic in that sense.
In terms of graphics, its okay, but in terms of physics, it doesn't have any generated by the CPU, using a physics system.

Games for me to be realistic today, have to at least have a good physics system (Half Life 2, F.E.A.R are great examples of this). This allows for better A.I, better particle bounces, and all that type of stuff. Expect this to get even better in next generation consoles when a whole core of a CPU could be used for A.I and physics on its own.

Then theres the graphics of course, though this isn't usually what amazes me (as it starts to get old as more games use the engine), though in F.E.A.R, I was pretty amazed :p They are also not exactly what makes them more realistic, as the physics carry that out mainly.

Well I wouldn't count FEAR as a realistic game coz of the little girl walking around killing anyone she wants with just one thought. And well some unrealistic guns too. Also a guy being able to take that much damage without getting killed.

Though u are right about it being realistic because stuff like physics.
And u just got to love the AI in FEAR. While playing FEAR was actually the 1st time when I seriously thought that the AI was smart. But it is, I mean hiding behind corners, using objects as cover. And the most important thing. Working as a team.

Yeah exactly. i meant F.E.A.R in that way.

You can't really call FPS games realistic though in any other sense than how they work, because otehrwise, we'll have a whole list of war games. Other than that, all FPS games tend to be sci-fi.

I don't mind war games. But still most of then tend to be a little bit unrealistic. Like for example the MOH series. 1 guy takes a gun, goes to the front and makes the allies win the war? yeah, right.

But for example the Rainbow six series are quite realistic. And also the SWAT games. So I was looking something in that direction.

if you want realistic go with americas army. Developed by the army. Cant get more realistic than that. U can download it for free. Its a recruitment tool. Its actualy really fun. I like playin it. Also ghost recon is a good one. Not to realistic in that the ai cant seem to see very far until you shoot.

I used to play americas army like maybe a year ago or so. I bet there is a new version out. I actually might give it a try. Oh yeah, actually I could get ghost recon. I played it once and it was great.

Thanks.

I think their should be a limit on how realisitic a game can get. IE if you die in 2 or 3 shots. Thats gay.

Nik00117 said:
I think their should be a limit on how realisitic a game can get. IE if you die in 2 or 3 shots. Thats gay.

2-3 shots is realism though. How many people do you know who could run at 20 people shooting at them, kill them all and pick up a medpack carrying on as normal?

Nope, that ain't realism. But I do agree that would be no fun, but that's the way it works in real life I'm afraid.

FPS Doug: "I even heard there are no respawn points in RL!"

Back
Top Bottom