rate my cop

DefCon_!1!

Fully Optimized
there is this new site on the internet i just found

its still in beta,

http://www.ratemycop.com/

i am totaly against this.

not so much for the idea of telling wat u think, but that they give the FULL REAL NAME OF EVERY OFFICER ON THE DEPARTMENT
thankfully, thery havent got my dads department on, so his name is not on

out lets say some cop simply gives some guy a speeding citation. This guy may of been a psycokiller. he looks up the name of the officer, runs that with the phonebook, and, well, ya.

i hope this site gets shut down, and if my dads name does get brought into this website before that, i am really going to take some action on this

whos with me :)

EDIT : the site is down for them moment, there upgrading since there publicity has brought alot of new users

wow thats a really bad idea. like you said someone could easily find out where your dad lives and if they have a grudge against him, who knows. seems to be putting police officers in a vulnerable postion

i wanna see american sensi's input on this... this is really messed up. when i become a cop i dont want people to be able to find me haha

Oh, but it's fine to list the names of sex offenders? It's fine to have a rate my teacher site, but not this?

Police are workers of the government, and just like we are able to criticize our president, we should be able to criticize the police as well.

As long as personal information (like where the cop's live) isn't on the site, this is a perfectly legitimate site.

Whatever happened to free speech?

Oh, but it's fine to list the names of sex offenders? It's fine to have a rate my teacher site, but not this?

Police are workers of the government, and just like we are able to criticize our president, we should be able to criticize the police as well.

As long as personal information (like where the cop's live) isn't on the site, this is a perfectly legitimate site.

well, I can take a name, and find the address of the person online really fast, so personal info is out there.

sex offenders is diffrent. thats for peoples protection

i am all against any site that for no reason goves out peoples name.

rate my teacher and stuff i am against.

why i am truly against this is beacause now, if my dad arrest some person, he can get his full name, look that up in the phonebook, come to our house and kill the whole family ( me included :))

sex offenders is diffrent. thats for peoples protection

i am all against any site that for no reason goves out peoples name.

rate my teacher and stuff i am against.

why i am truly against this is beacause now, if my dad arrest some person, he can get his full name, look that up in the phonebook, come to our house and kill the whole family ( me included :))

This is why cops typically have unlisted addresses... Also don't cops have to give out their full name?

when they pull people over, they dont really have to

ya, most cops are unlisted, but still.....

Guys, there is a site that lists all tickets given (Teacher showed us this, and showed us his speeding ticket). There is no outcry about that. This is absolutly no different.

The only thing is, people are usually biased as they always think they never did anything wrong, and the cop was just "out to get them". I see this more as an avenue for abuse than just a cop-rating system.

Back
Top Bottom