Quite possibly one of the best inventions I've ever seen

That's pretty neat for saving a finger if you should happen to get one in the way. I can see people trying to test it out after installing it and not having something right and losing a finger. I sure would have never put my finger in there like that guy did though...lol

Just be careful and pay attention when you are using a table saw or any power tool and you should be fine.

They have a few here at MTU. It's already saved at least one students finger. New blades are only $70 vs the $10,000 hospital bill. A school is stupid NOT to buy one. There is a kid at my old high school who cut two of his fingers nearly off with an old saw and then got quite a chunk of cash from the school if I remember right.

The problem is when you try and cut metal... have to remember to switch it off.

I saw a commercial for that a while back, and right away, I noticed they were testing it wrong. If your finger was to hit a table saw blade, it wolu be accompanied by the piece of wood you ace cutting. I highly doubt this will still work in that situation.
It has worked many times. The wood doesn't make a difference if it is there or not. If it gets anything that conducts electricity, it will trip the aluminum block that gets thrown into the blade instantly stopping it.

It has worked many times. The wood doesn't make a difference if it is there or not. If it gets anything that conducts electricity, it will trip the aluminum block that gets thrown into the blade instantly stopping it.

My bad then. I cannot get the video to load on my phone, and I was going by what someone told me on how it works.

I still think this is an overly elaborate solution though. There are guards for table saws.

My bad then. I cannot get the video to load on my phone, and I was going by what someone told me on how it works.

I still think this is an overly elaborate solution though. There are guards for table saws.
Not really. A guard is annoying to work with anyway. This doesn't get in the way at all. These are really nice table saws anyway, so they are already expensive. They aren't the kind of saw you would have in your home workshop. I think they cost near $6k. But... One trip to the hospital for a cut finger will cost the school or student $10k+. And like I said, a new blade and aluminum throw arm is only $70.

Very impressive to say the least! Saw this a while back, but still a great invention none the less! I gotta say though, Even if I invented the machine, I don't think, err..I know damn well I wouldn't "prove" it works with my own finger....Gotta be terrifying! Lol

Back
Top Bottom