Programming Books

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
I was hoping to learn a few languages to, you know, broaden my programming knowledge right? So I'm thinking.. C# is probably one of the best languages to learn for windows since its fully managed. Then I was thinking about how It would only work on windows since it relies on the .NET framework, So Delphi and JAVA are probly my best bets there..

Well there are alot of Authors out there. Does anyone have any recommendations for good books to get these languages down?

Or if someone had a better language that I might not have heard about could ya mention it to me? If you have a good book to learn it tell me about it aswell.

Always looking to learn new things. Especially when its a programming language ^_^

Love the responses I get out of this place. No matter what forum I post my questions, not matter how many people are online, no matter how active that forum at that time is, I get no answers. You basically have to hope your question comes up in a conversation somewhere because no one gives answers.

I mean have you seen hard/soft? Loads and loads of threads with 0-2 replies, and no answers.

I've got a book on C# but for some reason I never got on with the language itself, I don't know why. What other languages are you familiar with so we could recommend the next stage

To be honest a great language to start with is turing, it helps to start on the right foot with good programming habits and what not, and help you think of the logic before going off and making your computer crash.
Look into it : http://www.holtsoft.com/turing/

Chris

Turing.. never heard of it? is it cross platform?

And the Languages I'm really familiar with are PHP, Javascript, HTML, c++, c++.NET, vBasic, and xml, then like i said above im starting with java, starting with c#, looking into that delphi one

I don't know a wide variety, just alot on a few =\ Need to broaden my opertunities as it were

turing is cross platform.. you can get a mac/windows.. and possibly a linux version of the editor software. I'm programming with it in my computer science class and it's quite cool.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom