Pro Audio Anyone?

TechnTeach

Solid State Member
Hello, newbie here to the site! I've got a long list of computers and tech that I work on, but my other hobby is slowly but surely becoming music and Pro-Audio...anyone else on here working that way as well?

I just got licensed to DJ in my Province (Alberta, Canada) and seeing if anyone shares my other passion :p I don't have anything crazy yet for equipment but here is what I do have:

2x Peavey PR15 Monitors (300W Program, 600W Max)
2x Peavey International 115 Series 3 Monitors (Circa 1989, Black Widow 1505 Drivers, 400W Program, 800W Max)
1x Peavey PR Sub (Passive Subwoofer, 400W Program, 800W Max)
1x Proel 8-Channel Powered Mixer (150W RMS @4Ohms x2)
1x Technical Pro 3000W 19" 2U Rack Amp (750W RMS @2Ohms x2)
1x Peavey IPR-1600 1600W 19" 2U Rack Amp (590W RMS @4Ohms x2)
JVC MI-5000 6-Channel Analog Mixer (Circa 1978)
NuMark DXM-01 24-Bit 2-Channel (Stereo) Digital Mixer w/ USB Input
4x 50ft Speakon-1/4" Speaker Cable, 12 Gauge
2x 35ft 1/4"-1/4" Speaker Cable, 12 Gauge
2x 15ft Banana Plug-1/4" Speaker Cable, 12 Guage
2x 16ft Monster RCA Patch Cables

Along with various Intelligent Lights, Lazer lights and a fog machine....

I am into music recording, not playing to audiences. I used to do that. I had peavey cabinets when I started out because they are so cheap but then switched to Fender and amped later. It's all gone now though and I record in my home studio.

Peavey cabs have two distinct reputations. (depending on their age).

Either crappy sounding and easy to break.
or sounding good and well lasting.

depending on whether you're doing sound production or sound re-production. lots of people swap out the drivers for nicer ones.

Peavey cabs have two distinct reputations. (depending on their age).

Either crappy sounding and easy to break.
or sounding good and well lasting.

depending on whether you're doing sound production or sound re-production. lots of people swap out the drivers for nicer ones.

I'm mainly running Peavey based on price. I have less than $1500 into everything I own including cables. I'm really impressed with the International 115's with the Black Widow 1505 Drivers. Amazing bass response for a 3-way cab. I think the crossover in those ones really lives up to what it needs to be. The PR15's are decent for mids and highs, but they clip really easily. Mine are old enough to still be made in the US before they went to Chinese manufacturing. The PR Sub is decent, puts out a good thump but I'm definitely going with a wood cab and at least an 18" sub for my next upgrade.

This should get me through the next year at least with what I want to do. The weddings and parties I'm doing will be impressed enough with what I have until I can upgrade. Then this stuff can become basement/lounge room audio and backup.

Back
Top Bottom