Printing Help

Jables18OSxxx

Solid State Member
Our family has only one printer which is a multi-function, and im having an inconvenience with printing as i have my own laptop. I have thought of just installing the drivers for the printer on my lappie and then be able to print but it would involve me having to always disconnect the usb from the desktop pc to my laptop.. this will be time consuming as i only just need to print every now and then. the next annoying thing is that the desktop puter is soo slow at starting up and then reading usb drives and then opening the document ready to print.

So my question is the printer has a usb port in the front.. could i load the document i want from the usb to the printer to print, i think it can be done and i have tried but the printer does not recognise the .doc files. so what files would i have to have the document as for it to read it directly off my usb, and whether it is possible?

I have tried to research this question on google and such, but i am getting nothing about my problem.

i have tried installing the drivers for the printer on my laptop but it has never worked, and using the family computer is extremely slow at doing the simplest things.

i need an urgent response because i have to print 70 odd pages for a year 12 physics lecture in the next few days, and when attempting to print on the home pc i made it crash so if i don't find another way i am screwed.

Thank you in advance.

I think the USB port on the front is probably just for pictures. Did you try sharing the printer on the desktop? Then you could add it to your laptop and print without plugging in the USB cable. That is, if you have a switch or wireless network of some kind.

its probly a pictbridge port just for pictures. try saving it as a full page png or something, or just set the printer to shared on the desktop, then as long as it is turned on you can print off your laptop with no hassle.

I have no network setup so i cannot share the printer. the usb port is most likely for pictures but for how far computers go i'm sure there are possibilities.
It'd be nice to just copy the files i need to the usb, plug it in the printer and print like that, that's all :) ..

and i managed to print the 87 pages off lol after a bit of paper ripping and churning by the printer as well, seems i think we need a new printer too.. as it doesn't print out black text for some reason either, even though there is full black ink..

I have no network setup so i cannot share the printer. the usb port is most likely for pictures but for how far computers go i'm sure there are possibilities.
It'd be nice to just copy the files i need to the usb, plug it in the printer and print like that, that's all :) ..

and i managed to print the 87 pages off lol after a bit of paper ripping and churning by the printer as well, seems i think we need a new printer too.. as it doesn't print out black text for some reason either, even though there is full black ink.. so the text is all pretty colours just so it printed out any text.

oh and lol at the saving the doc as a .png file, that would be one huge file! probably kill the computer more haha.

Back
Top Bottom