Prevent injury; inflicted upon by your computer.

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, well after my recent encounter with RHS - Repetitive Strain Injury, I feel, I should warn everyone that comes on here, and give you guidelines, on how to prevent injury, inflicted by the computer.

To prevent injury on hands, or wrists:

1 - Use a softtouch keyboard, these can be very cheap, but can be very effective.

2 - Use wrist rests at all times, they are usually a cushion, filled with gel, which will mould to the shape of your wrist. preventing injury.

3 - For every hour you spent on the computer, take at least a 20 minute break, away from the computer. Go and get something to eat, or drink, take a walk, do whatever you want, just stay away from the computerTo prevent back pain:

To prevent injury to the back, and neck, i.e back strain, or pulled muscles:

Injuries that are caused to the back, are always down to bad posture, and a bad chair.

1 - Use a full back support chair, and get it as soft as you can.

2 - Sit up straight!

To prevent strain on the eyes:

There are two elements to preventing injury to your eyesight:

1 - Physical. Sit so that your eyes are parallel to the top of your monitor(s)

2a - Software. Set your resolution, to a state that feels comfortable to you, so what if everything is quite big? Your eyes are more important than the amount of icons you can fit on your desktop!

2b - Set your monitor to a comfortable brightness, not too bright, and definetly not too dim. The worst is to have it dim, but to have it too bright is not good either.

The main rule: Take REGULAR break from your computer, at least EVERY hour

Maybe a sticky? Im sure someone out there could find it useful..

I know the best way to prevent RSI:

Get off your computer and go outside you bunch of dorks!

:p

Ha, just kidding.

Yeah all that pain well at leas the part about the kneck,Shoulders, and spine(Top of) Is me. Because I get pain all the time

Erm, I thought this was going be a joke at first. But apparently its not.

O yea one more tip, never take a paperclip and jam it into your PSU well its running.

Nik00117 said:

O yea one more tip, never take a paperclip and jam it into your PSU well its running.
whoops, lol.

nah, i didnt do it, but me and my friend were fixing up an old 500mhz we found on the street and then my friend shoved a pair of scissors in the psu. sparks flew.

or buy a laptop and use it anywhere, my theory is that if you do damage from sitting at the computer, you do it too much......use it less...

Nik00117 said:

If we were going through safety points like that, we could go on forever. These are just bodily injuries.

Back
Top Bottom