Police Car Question? (ArrizX)

Okay, well to day when I was walking home from school I walked by a police car and noticed that it had a Dell laptop in it.

So I was wondering is there a standard for the lappys in squad cars or is it just what the specific city can afford?

Crabby... said:
Okay, well to day when I was walking home from school I walked by a police car and noticed that it had a Dell laptop in it.

So I was wondering is there a standard for the lappys in squad cars or is it just what the specific city can afford?

What the city assigns. Statewide, most likely. If you wanted to ask ArrizX, PM him.

As a former firefighter, most the time it depends on what kind of grants and whatnot the state/city will give them. Also depends on what specific "department" within the police department it is. For example. On the bomb squad we have laptops with built in GPS and sat internet, so we could be out in bfe and not have an ethernet/wireless etc... connection for 100+ miles but still have internet access.(Compliments of the feds. We are required to go through FBI training, and are in constant contact with them.) an as for the laptops... $$$$$$$$ very nice.

im 23, Started firefighting when i was 18 in southern california, and while doing that was getting all my certs for the IT feild. most people look at me like WTF when i tell them that, and dont usually belive me, however when i show them, they stick their foot in their mouth and walk away. however think about this.... if what i say where not true, how would i know these things??

uid=[0] said:
im 23, Started firefighting when i was 18 in southern california, and while doing that was getting all my certs for the IT feild. most people look at me like WTF when i tell them that, and dont usually belive me, however when i show them, they stick their foot in their mouth and walk away. however think about this.... if what i say where not true, how would i know these things??

Fair point, I now respect you :)

joxley1990 said:
Fair point, I now respect you :)

thank you. and also to add to my previous post, just as information only, im 3rd gen firefighter lol so it comes with the family. Father and Grandfather were both firefighters.. however my father just retired recently. here is a pic

ca67.jpg

Back
Top Bottom