Pocket PCs and Windows Vista

Half Evil

Golden Master
So I have two Pocket PCs right now. Dell Axim X5, and some Random Compaq Ipaq, and I am trying to use a Netgear wireless CF card (model ma701) with both.

I cant figure out how to download the software onto my computer and install it directly to the device (even though I can hook it up and the device will install to my computer.

Even the instructions included dont help.

Do I need to do this on XP, since the Pocket things are so old.

I've not tried to install any kind of wifi software on my pocket PC, (running windows mobile). (because it has wifi built in)

the way to do this may depend on the actual card of device.

Generally there should be two ways to install the software onto the PDAs,

either you;ll have a .cab file that you copy directly to the device and run it to install the drivers/software for this card.

or you'll have a program that you run on the computer, whilst the PDA is connected through Active sync and this will install the software on the device.

As far as I know active sync should be available for vista, and you shouldn't need to go back to XP to install this software,

I can get active sync on my computer, but for whatever reason I can get anything to install. I can even drag files to the PDA's internal memory, but to no avail.

The problem is the install says it cant find the kernel file or something of that nature. Ikernal.ex_ I think.

I dont know for sure, I forget I x'd it all out its irritating.

But this is what I know : that file is in the same zip that I am installing from, but it still cant find it when I run the set up. Its all downloaded from the netgear site. So what do I do?

Back
Top Bottom