Plug two speakers into one socket on amp?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I just got some DJ speakers and my amplifier (Sony LBT-XB8AV) powers them very nicely and it sounds very good, but as they are DJ speakers they do not have anything like as much bass as my Sony SAW speakers (which have subwoofers). The amp has five sockets (Left Rear - Surround, Right Rear - Surround, Center, Left, Right) the surround sockets are empty and are rubbish for big speakers. So I'm left with two sockets and four speakers, if I connected all 4 to the two plugs would it be ok?

I got "DJ" speakers as I wanted something louder (and they are EXTREMELY loud :D). The thing is I don't know whether the amp can handle it or not, it can take up to 16ohms, both ses of speakers "DJ" and "SAW" say 8ohms on them, but I don't know if that's as a pair which would add up to 16ohms or separtely which would be 32ohms!

I got "DJ" speakers as I wanted something louder. The thing is I don't know whether the amp can handle it or not, it can take up to 16ohms, both ses of speakers "DJ" and "SAW" say 8ohms on them, but I don't know if that's as a pair which would add up to 16ohms or separtely which would be 32ohms!

We went through this before, and you don't seem to get the message we're trying to send across. When you have two 8 ohm speakers hooked up in parallel, you effectively lower the impedance to 4 ohms. This puts more stress on your receiver.

What are the make and model of the so-called "DJ" speakers you just bought?

They do have bass, but its not the same as the bass from the Sony subwoofers thats shakes/vibrates everything. Also it wouldn't be parallel on this amp! it would be series!

They are ProSound 400W which I beleive comes from Maplin, although I got them from cash converters.

Those aren't professional speakers. You need to stop looking at inflated ratings, because they don't mean jack squat.

If you know what's good for your receiver, you would stay away from those speakers.

Back
Top Bottom