• setishock

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

berry120

Fully Optimized
Right guys, voting time again - you know how it works! The theme this time was closeups. Poll will close a week from now, then the winner will pick the next theme.

Tempted to add a new rule (we haven't come up against this case yet) that if it's a draw, then out of those that have drawn the first person that submitted picks the next topic. Not sure there's a fairer way of deciding really without getting into other competitions for tiebreakers, and I'm not sure we want to take it that far...

Life:
1p88as.jpg

BikerEcho:
IMAG0061.jpg

jmacavali:
IMG_5965.jpg

setishock:
user4975_pic202_1372212297.jpg

Last edited:
Ah ok. thanks. I'm going with seti's photo, very interesting idea :)

Btw, the rules say no voting for yourself right?

Ah ok. thanks. I'm going with seti's photo, very interesting idea :)

Btw, the rules say no voting for yourself right?
Good sportsman ship says that you vote impartially.

I don't think that there is a rule.

(so you can just vote for yourself, but that's a bit mean, otherwise you should vote for whatever of the rest you genuinely consider to be the best.) as bad as it'd be to loose because your vote broke a tie in favour of your opponent, you'd at least get some warm and fuzzy feeling out of doing what was "right" instead of just doing something to benefit yourself.

Last edited:
:offtopic:

Good sportsman ship says that you vote impartially.

I don't think that there is a rule.

(so you can vote for yourself, but that's a bit mean, otherwise you should vote for whatever of the rest you genuinely consider to be the best.) as bad as it'd be to loose because your vote broke a tie in favour of your opponent, you'd at least get some warm and fuzzy feeling out of doing what was "right" instead of just doing something to benefit yourself.

Politicians vote for themselves....also, the winner gets to pick the next theme....it's not like they win a million dollars or something. Doesn't "voting impartially" imply that you vote whichever picture you think is best, regardless of who submitted it? I'm not trying to start a debate, I just think you should vote for whichever pic you think is best. The sportsmanship (or lack of sportsmanship) comes into play when you vote for yourself, even when there is clearly a better picture.

:whistling: :peace: Just my 2 cents worth.

EDIT: For the record, I didn't vote on this one as I can't decide who's I like best....

:offtopic:

Politicians vote for themselves....also, the winner gets to pick the next theme....it's not like they win a million dollars or something. Doesn't "voting impartially" imply that you vote whichever picture you think is best, regardless of who submitted it? I'm not trying to start a debate, I just think you should vote for whichever pic you think is best. The sportsmanship (or lack of sportsmanship) comes into play when you vote for yourself, even when there is clearly a better picture.

:whistling: :peace: Just my 2 cents worth.

EDIT: For the record, I didn't vote on this one as I can't decide who's I like best....
I've added a word that hopefully clarifies my meaning.

you should vote impartially, not "just" vote for yourself.
if you think that yours is the best picture then vote for yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom