Ozzie Service Provider Bill

Wombät

Fully Optimized
I found this on a Oz broadband forum, the major telco is called Telstra and there internet service is called Bigpond. This feller reckond he didn't download that much to incur such a high bill. He said in reply to this "my question is, how did you rack up that much usage?"...

My Answer is, 1 or 2 legit torrents... How wlce do you download 152gig in a month

The rubbishy editing was done by the original poster.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/Ice_Cold/BPbill01.JPG

http://users.bigpond.net.au/Ice_Cold/BPbill02.JPG

He got a 5% loyalty discount that saved him $899.38 though... :D

David Lindon said:
Do you pay per amount over there then?

The isp I'm with I pay $50.00 a month for a 1500 / 256 adsl connection, with a 20 gigabyte download quota.

Edit: with the Bigpond customer, he would also have been paying 15 cents per megabyte over his quota.

Man, that is expensive. I have cox cable, no limit on downloads, speed at 4000 kbs for $40 a month U.S.

I have cox don't think they have a download limit? I know normally after I reformat I hit limewire dling all my music and videos, and programs and so on (demos, and AA and so fourth)

per said:
Man, that is expensive. I have cox cable, no limit on downloads, speed at 4000 kbs for $40 a month U.S.
I'm on the lower end of the adsl broadband2 plan with speeds up to 12000 kbps. Until my exchange gets updated to the new DSlams sometime within the next 2 years, this is what I am stuck on.

Being in a regional area means higher wages and costs involved also. Plus the danger of Koala's attacking the telcos workers... :p

Hmm ... i don't know the exact amount by i think i am paying around 60 to 70 dollars for unlimited optus broadband, 12 gb limit and no download excess fees, just speed limited to 28.8 kbps :(
Hmm ... by the way, does telstra count uploads as downloads because some isp do that, although its very cheap ...

dyserq said:
Hmm ... i don't know the exact amount by i think i am paying around 60 to 70 dollars for unlimited optus broadband, 12 gb limit and no download excess fees, just speed limited to 28.8 kbps :(
Hmm ... by the way, does telstra count uploads as downloads because some isp do that, although its very cheap ...
Telstra count uploads in your quota as well... :(

Hello, Im australian, and Im on Telstra Bigpond Broadband, but i dont pay the bills YAY. But you dont always incur a fee for each MB over the limit, that only happens with fixed amounts, Im on an Unlimited Plan (10GB) and the speed simply drops after that.

Back
Top Bottom