outsourcing? What do you think.

dvu714

Baseband Member
Just wanted to see what some you folks think the future looks like in the IT industry with outsourcing/offshoring.

I was looking forward to getting a job after i get out of school...

I guess its a price to pay for cheap products. People are too obsessed with prices these days and so companies are forced to do what ever they can to stay in competition

worst outsourcing: dell to india

best outsourcing: sony, since japs know what they are doing when it comes to tech!

dumbest outsorcing move: tire companies

and any other tech companies who want to outsource the majority fo their empployees (ie customer service) to other countries!

worst ever: UNIX/Linux/Open source!!!

since it practally makes linus torvalds and the people who run thier projects take credit for millions of people's work!!!

also they want to have everything done for them and they demand mroe and more work from people who cant make a living.

also this takes away jobs from people.

I think you should pay for software since its very hard work to program and these open source assholes want to take it away!!! they want people to have free software

then what are these programmers gonna do to survive? day jobs?

hell you wont have time for programming if you';ve got a day job!

also if thats your only talent you're screwed!!! youve gotta pick up on other skills which takes programming time away! and even tually the programmign is only gonna be done by a few basment imprisioned for life teens with zitty faces that wont help a business with a product that will make or break millions upon billions of dollars!

this is what open source free software is going to do to the computing world eventually!

so I greatly oppose it and you should too!

yup
wink.gif
you've got it right on!

athlon64fx said:
worst outsourcing: dell to india

best outsourcing: sony, since japs know what they are doing when it comes to tech!

dumbest outsorcing move: tire companies

and any other tech companies who want to outsource the majority fo their empployees (ie customer service) to other countries!

worst ever: UNIX/Linux/Open source!!!

since it practally makes linus torvalds and the people who run thier projects take credit for millions of people's work!!!

also they want to have everything done for them and they demand mroe and more work from people who cant make a living.

also this takes away jobs from people.

I think you should pay for software since its very hard work to program and these open source assholes want to take it away!!! they want people to have free software

then what are these programmers gonna do to survive? day jobs?

hell you wont have time for programming if you';ve got a day job!

also if thats your only talent you're screwed!!! youve gotta pick up on other skills which takes programming time away! and even tually the programmign is only gonna be done by a few basment imprisioned for life teens with zitty faces that wont help a business with a product that will make or break millions upon billions of dollars!

this is what open source free software is going to do to the computing world eventually!

so I greatly oppose it and you should too!

Wow you have got to have the worsts points EVER. It seriously looks like you pulled those points right out of your ass. "also this takes away jobs from people", then "also they want to have everything done for them and they demand mroe and more work from people who cant make a living."

ARE
YOU
SERIOUS?????

It does NOT take away jobs from people. They distrbute most of the products freely, under the GPL. If you want to make money and you work on programming linux software, go work for a place that pays, you are in no way being forced to distribute your software to their distros. Programmers usually end up working for Linux companies, believe it or not. They do get PAID, because not ALL linux distros are free, and if they don't then chances are, they work at a programming place. They don't want EVERY thing of software to not be payed for, they don't want THEIR software to be payed for, and thanks to the GPL, it doesn't have to be.

Anyways, I HATE OUTSOURCING. We Americans are AMERICANS!!!! We're supposed to be patriotic and bless our founding fathers and pray before every meal. I belive in the patriotic part, and that's about it. Either way, we are supposed to support our countries buisnesses in a humane way. Sending them to China for exploitation of its people and leaving us without jobs is just STUPID.

Oh yea, and referring to the Japanese people as "japs" is just grosse. You have no excuses for that, and you sure as hell aren't a WW11 vet.

Yeah, it's not really polite to say that.

Actually, outsourcing in the Computer Technology industry isn't THAT bad. You should see health care. That's where the worst of outsourcing is. You can get the same diagnosis and treatment in India for about $100+ when in here in the US it would cost about $5,000+. Don't even go on about saying that it's India and how they can't possibly do a better job then American doctors. That is NOT true. There are a lot of Indian doctors that are actually trained and went to school in Britain, so they do have a lot of medical knowledge. Also, the use of herbs and medicinal things are way more effective than taking Tylenol or whatever. Trust me, I've never used a single painkiller for a sickness in my entire LIFE. All I do is drink chinese herbal medicine and it works wonders...might taste a bit bad, but I'm used to it.

HRHunteRHR said:
Oh yea, and referring to the Japanese people as "japs" is just grosse. You have no excuses for that, and you sure as hell aren't a WW11 vet.

it was A FREAKING abbrevatation!!! duh!!!! duh!!!! duh!!!!!

do I have to write out every frickin work I say I did not mean it in that sense cant you figure things out for yoruself or do i have to imterpret everything cuase people cant draw thier own conclusions!

how are companies that do open source free gpl software gonna pay thier employees if they dotn amek any money off thier software!?

chinese hrbal beds only work becuase power of suggestion! like they think that laying on a fur rug of a tiger or deer will cure acne!!! ...!

like they say special teas will cure arthritis pain

same as those hair loss treatments on tv! they are only thier to make money! if you actually belive soem herb will cure headaches and cure acne youre dead wrong! they only work becuase youre powered into it. they are jsut there to buy soem rich exec some nice new sports car.

and also I know soemone here talked to them 1 month ago he worked at redhat and got paid peanuts!!! he only got like 15/hr (for high level programmming) and hes been programming for symantec for 7 years!!! and he got paid more at symantec then redhat!!! he got paid 35/hr at symantec!!!!

and knew someone that wored at suse and got treated like crap. he came here and works at qualcomm.

Wow...the true American. Obilvious to anything but their own overpriced perscription medicine. Chinese herbal medicine is far superior to any prescription pills you can find. It's not like it's Voodoo magic or wizardry. The stuff works. I drink it myself and I know it works way better. There are no side effects and it actually works to heal your sickness instead of concealing it. If it's commercialized herbal medicine, don't get it. They probably just use crap for the "herbs". If you want the true stuff, you have to go to the real places with chinese doctors that are trained in that specific form of medicine. Acupuncture works too...just because you stick needles to relive tension and/or pain doesn't mean it's hokey and looks cool.

Back
Top Bottom