Olympic History

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
You guys better be watching the USA in the 4x100 medley relay kick everyones asses and making history for Michael Phelps. It'll be on in a little bit so be watching!!

neat, whatever i still love computers and girls more. good night i have to go work for $6.55. i am just jolly, you cant tell. lol

He was 19.
In November 2004, at the age of 19, Phelps was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol in Salisbury, Maryland. He pleaded guilty to driving while impaired the following month and was granted probation before judgment and ordered to serve 18 months probation, fined $250, obligated to speak to high school students about drinking and driving and had to attend a Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) meeting. Questioned about the incident later that month by Matt Lauer on the Today Show, Phelps said it was an "isolated incident" and that he had "definitely let myself down and my family down...I think I let a lot of people in the country down.
"I recognize the seriousness of this mistake. I've learned from this mistake and will continue learning from this mistake for the rest of my life," Phelps told the judge as more than 100 spectators packed the courtroom, mostly to see the famed Olympic champion.
Looks like he took full responsibility for his actions, which is alot more than can be said about some forum members here.

Good role model, I'd say so.

Back
Top Bottom