Nintendo DS "Lite"

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Check this out Nintendo DS fans!!! Age of Empires: Age of Kings is available for it, lol. Looks good though (for a portable system).

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=1531af0d-f130-4b4f-ada0-f8281f86dd7a

Also get this, Nintendo will be coming out with a smaller version of its portable double-screen DS console called "Lite". Smaller?!? The new model is expected to come out in Japan in early March so a US release maybe like 6 months after that? It also will have the Opera web browser developed for it in June. Peope will be able to see any detail of a website on the top screen and the traditional window on the lower one. Nintendo has also unveiled plans to offer a digital TV tuner card by the end of the year.

Yeah, seen it already, looks pretty good.

I have the original (ol' chunky lol) so I won't be getting one any time soon.

And what's with not launching it in black?

Not sure about the color, but it looks like Nintendo's trying very hard to compete with Sony. I personally like the PSP no matter what Nintendo does to it's little DS. I was just surprised to see the AOE game out for any other console besides the PC.

TRDCorolla said:
Not sure about the color, but it looks like Nintendo's trying very hard to compete with Sony. I personally like the PSP no matter what Nintendo does to it's little DS. I was just surprised to see the AOE game out for any other console besides the PC.

It doesn't need to try hard, it's killing the PSP in Japan and is slightly ahead in North America.

Not sure about Europe though, I think both have sold about the same.

Conspirate said:
The DS's game library sucks, but its still loads better than Sony.

I think most people will disagree with you there. Look around on PSP forums, they'll be littered with 'no good psp games' threads.

TRDCorolla said:
PSP does have their own line of movies which is pretty neat. Does the DS have this capability?

AHAHAHHAHHA....

No, wether or not you were being an Obnoxious PSP fan or were actually wondering. No the nintendo ds does Not have this capability, Also have you noticed the PSP's battery life?

The PSP on full charge has a battery life of 4-5 hours...and usually once the battery is worn in it is about 3 hours...what good is watching a video on it when it will take about 70% of your battery life..

The DS on full charge has a battery life of 10 hours...which one do you think was meant to play videos?

Please...the DS and PSP are too different to compare, the PSP is a portable entertainment system while the DS is a handheld gaming system.

TRDCorolla said:
I personally like the PSP no matter what Nintendo does to it's little DS.

Little DS? Are you making fun of it because it is getting smaller...because god knows I want a nice and big handheld.
Because that "Little DS" can output more battery life than your PSP ever will be.
Quote from an article:
The new model can run 15 to 19 hours on its lowest brightness, 10 to 15 hours on its second level of brightness, 7 to 11 hours on its third level, and 5 to 8 hours on the maximum level. What's more, the DS Lite's battery recharges in three hours, which is an hour less than the original DS.

Basically, In PSP terms..."The DS owns."

I see PSP's a lot. Even at college here, you see students with the little PSP playing games on it and watching movies. I honestly have no clue what the DS capabilites are which is why I ask. I know three people that have one and my coworker confiscated his kid's PSP and brought it to work so they don't get their hands on it. I enjoyed playing it, lol.

That's probably why I lean towards PSP simply because I see them a lot and I've personally used one, but don't own any portable consoles.

Back
Top Bottom