The new windows XP

mkdmc

Baseband Member
Hey guys i herd that Microsoft is going to bring out a new windows another make of windows DISSCUSS

Old news. MS was talking about Windows 7 (the version you just heard about) since before Vista was released.

Yup: Windows 7

google0dw.gif

Hey guys i herd that Microsoft is going to bring out a new windows another make of windows DISSCUSS
Nah, microsoft quit after XP, they decided, this is good enough. Screw faster. Vista is actually made by Adobe, but Microsoft bought the rights too it, and therefore their name is on it. Microsoft is done though...

Yeah, of course they are making another windows, lol. They already did after XP.

lol

Unfortuneatly Vista is looking like going down the road that Windows ME **Spits on floor** went down. Bring back 98 i say. Xp is the best thing to come out of microsoft since 1998 and it is still the best OS in existence on PC.

lol

Unfortuneatly Vista is looking like going down the road that Windows ME **Spits on floor** went down. Bring back 98 i say. Xp is the best thing to come out of microsoft since 1998 and it is still the best OS in existence on PC.

If Vista ends up down the road of ME its going to be from people like you.

Please tell me what exactly is so bad about Vista? I'm really curious because I've been running it for quite some time now and it works great. Its much faster than XP for both loading and launching applications. As well as great search features.

I could understand if you don't like Vista because your computer is old and your trying to run old applications. If thats the case its only going to get worse as new hardware and software comes out.

If you think Windows 7 (Vienna) is going to run applications Vista won't I think your in trouble.

I don't understand the Vista hate either. I've been without problems for almost a year now.

I don't understand Vista, for the reason that, you shouldn't need to have a fast PC to run an OS that is there to run programs.

It uses more resources than it needs to, slowing even a reletively fast PC down.
The fact it slows older PC's down, unlike XP, shows how badly it can perform its task.

A Operating System should be light, so that programs run effective on it, with a machine that meets the specs of that program.
It shouldn't need to hog more RAM than XP, etc.

Its the old saying of "PC's get faster, so this doesn't really matter". But that isn't the point. A PC shouldn't have to be faster to run an OS, which is basically just a UI to access things quicker than you originally could before them.

I thought the whole point of having the UI done with Direct X for example, was to speed things up, not slow things down.

That is why I think Vista, even with its nice sparkly features, is useless.

I don't understand Vista, for the reason that, you shouldn't need to have a fast PC to run an OS that is there to run programs.

It uses more resources than it needs to, slowing even a reletively fast PC down.
The fact it slows older PC's down, unlike XP, shows how badly it can perform its task.

A Operating System should be light, so that programs run effective on it, with a machine that meets the specs of that program.
It shouldn't need to hog more RAM than XP, etc.

Its the old saying of "PC's get faster, so this doesn't really matter". But that isn't the point. A PC shouldn't have to be faster to run an OS, which is basically just a UI to access things quicker than you originally could before them.

I thought the whole point of having the UI done with Direct X for example, was to speed things up, not slow things down.

That is why I think Vista, even with its nice sparkly features, is useless.

ok lets start with the basics you cant say vista slows pc's down and xp doesnt,

Xp was released in 2001, in 2001 is say the average pc was probably a celeron or low clock speed P4 with 256 Mb of RAM now you cant tell me that windows xp would run perfect on that.

if you ask me xp does not run flawlessly until you have 1 Gb of RAM and a high end P4 or low end dual core. so id say XP started to run really good on our hardware 3 years or more after it was released,

so vista has another 2 years or so to be running really good on our pc's and my guess would be in 2 years time quads with 3 - 4 Gb RAM will be average pc's and IMO they will run vista perfectly.

and in actual fact the "image" that vista hogs lots of RAM is actually bull* i reckon vista runs really good on my celeron 1.73 laptop with 1Gb RAM, wen i first got it i dual booted with XP and used to use vista like 15 % of the time now i use vista 97 % of the time.

i only load XP when i have to troubleshoot for a friend on XP, vista despite everyones view of it is actually better than XP.

Back
Top Bottom