New Socket Idea

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I was thinking. Would it be cool if AMD came out with a socket that HAD NO PINS and was brillantly simply to put toghter. As ina 3 year could do it. I bet who ever took this idea engineered it and made it work would make millions. What are your thoughts on it?

How will it fit to the motherboard, you cant glue it, magnets are out of the question. I doubt a spring clip would work either.

They use spring clips for some smaller chips like a bios chip. But for a larger chip, I can't see it. A presure spring similar to a heatsink clip could possibly work but I would think that electrolisis would set in and cause malfunctions. The gripping technique used in the sockets today is going to be pretty hard to beat. But a heck of a good project for someone to try.

You know how USB ports plug into today. Well could ya do somthing like that?? But its just an idea. I have no real engineering exp behind a computer. Most i've done on the inside of a computer has been to fix a fan. It stoppe drunning so i went in and dusted it out with a aircomsper and moved some wires, and help my dad hook up a DVD drive, and when I was younger and watnted to play this 3D game we got a 16MB 3D graphics card.

Those are just a basic contact and would be suseptable to corrosion. The remove and replacement of the usb connections help keep them clean ..but I don,t really want to have to keep reinstalling a CPU chip.

Hmm ...
It seems like a good idea
Something which may not require physical connection but still able to send data through
Magnets were a good idea, although it may disrupt some of the data going through

dyserq said:
Hmm ...
It seems like a good idea
Something which may not require physical connection but still able to send data through
Magnets were a good idea, although it may disrupt some of the data going through
Read the posts carefully before replying, this what I said about magnets...

Wombat said:
How will it fit to the motherboard, you cant glue it, magnets are out of the question. I doubt a spring clip would work either.

Back
Top Bottom