new project

esa193

Fully Optimized
me and my friend are trying to fit a slim ps2 inside an xbox that way we have a playbox
my question is there any way we can connect both to a single dvd drive

that is a pretty cool idea.

I would try something along the lines of using both ends of an IDE cable, or splicing two ide cables, but I'm not sure how well either of those two would work.

either way that is gonna be pretty cool. pics are gonna be needed of the whole process.

I doubt it. They both use special firmware in their DVD drives to be able to read the legit Xbox/PS2 discs.

If you put a modchip or softmod into the consoles, you may be able to hack them to work with any DVD drive though...I'm not sure about PS2 mods, but check out Xbox Scene for a huge list of Xbox mods.

If you do figure out some method of hacking the firmwares, any simple IDE cable with 3 connectors will probably work:
IDE_cable2.jpg

Just plug the far end into the DVD drive, and the other two ends into the PS2 and Xbox. Obviously you couldn't use them at the same time then, but I think it'll work.

well wed mod both of them any way
what i plan on doing is taking out the bulky cooling units and creating one heat pipe thats all connected and feeds into a fan
there should be room if i do that to fit the ps2
ill prob find a way to hook up the controler to the xbox port and mem card port

I think that the PS2 can be connected to usb, so you should be able to put an xbox connector on the controller/use an xbox controller.

kk then the only other prob is space but hopefully that will work out nice
oh and power how would i do that

use the same PSU for both? I think in the xbox, well, the old xbox, it is just open, so it might be like that in the 360. solder a few cables on and you should be good to go.

I'd recommend spending a ton of time on cooling- 360 alone is bad. can't imagine even more in that case.

im using a regular xbox.....
and cooling should be hard those 2 systems dont run that hot

well, if its a regular xbox, it shouldn't be too hard. I've opened mine up and there is a bit of room in there if you need it. I'm sure it will work great.

Back
Top Bottom