Network Systems Admin

rdog157h

Baseband Member
I recently started a 2 year Associates degree program for NSA. I have been looking on job websites for jobs in this area and it seems they all want a Bachelors degree. Will I find a job with just an Associates degree or should I just plan on continuing on till I get a Bachelors? I hope this is the right area to ask this. Thanks.

I know, (and work) with a lot of computer and network admin people who don't have degrees, a few do, but a few don't.

you'll probably find that the requirement to have a degree is a condition of the time that we're in now.

if you were just finishing your degree then that'd be bad, graduating into recession :(

but you're got two years to go, the job market should pick up in that time, and there may not be the "you must have a degree" requirement.

I've found that experience outweighs education when it comes to actually landing a job. They all want someone with a degree, but they'll usually hire someone with the equivalent experience. Of course, this doesn't really help you since this would be your first IT job (I'm assuming). Get experience wherever you can and then go for the job you really want when you have something to put on the table.

Back
Top Bottom