Need to settle a bet....

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Don't want to make biasness so i wont reveal the details right now but,

One of us is half French and the other is half Italian i was wondering who do the world prefer??? French or Italians??

Consider there contributions to world culture, food, drink, technology, there effort in wars, the sides they chose and how annoying they are,
Then
Pick either Italians or French and why not tell us why as well, be as blunt and truthful as possible. I look forward to your opinion and if this works i could be UP ten quid by the end of the week,

Thanks,
Tom

I voted Italians because all the Italians I know are a lot nicer than the French people that I've met.

I voted Italian because I have the origin there. Although, I speak French, but not from France.

I chose Italian because I love the culture and food. As for World War II, it wasn't until that Facist Mussolini that came into power that it's citizens got conned into believing all that crap about reviving the Roman Empire and so forth. Becides, who doesn't love The Mafia? :p

France has great food, but they were such chicken shit during the World Wars. The Maginot Line was a joke...they thought they could just build a line of defenses by the German border and expect to be protected? :rolleyes: The Germans were smart and they just bulldozed right through Belgium and smack into France.

So it's the Italians for me. :)

I chose Italian because I love the culture and food. As for World War II, it wasn't until that Facist Mussolini that came into power that it's citizens got conned into believing all that crap about reviving the Roman Empire and so forth. Becides, who doesn't love The Mafia? :p

France has great food, but they were such chicken shit during the World Wars. The Maginot Line was a joke...they thought they could just build a line of defenses by the German border and expect to be protected? :rolleyes: The Germans were smart and they just bulldozed right through Belgium and smack into France.

So it's the Italians for me. :)

Hmm, there was a lot more to it than that. The Germans never penitrated the Maginot line. They went through the Ardens where they we're thought to least likely have went and overrun weak reserve forces then did a pincer movement to the north and thats how dunkirk came about. Frances Military during the 2nd WW was actually just as good as any other. It was the unforseen Lighting war (Blitzkrieg) that threw, not just the French, but the Brits off to! If it were not for the English Channel, we'd been had just as easy as the French.

Anyway, French for me. They have hugely massive companies. Renult, Airbus, Pugeot etc etc. Have the EU's largest and busiest ship yards. Their Nuclear reactor technology are light years ahead of anyone elses. They have the fastest trains, invented the Concorde. They do just as good as Britain, but don't rely on US technology like us. (Radar, planes, nuclear deterrant etc etc etc. Even there health service is superior to the UKs now. To me, they are far far more industrious today than any other European country. Politically, they are strong and independent. And although they sometimes have radically different views from the US and UK, credit and respect to them for always standing to their guns and never giving in! I'm sorry, but even my opinion of the UK is gloomy, here we've lost everything due to, what I'd blame, a work force of layabouts who think the world owe them a living because we won 2 wars and had an empire. They all need a kick up the back side into the 21st century! We manufacture next to nothing on a huge scale. Anyway I don't think the French are actually giving the credit they are due. As for Italy, there country is gorgeous, but I suppose that this is more a sympathy vote for the French as I think there both equal.

Back
Top Bottom