My request for an apartment transfer was declined

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
for the bs reason that my unit is "…properly housed…." I set up an "informal meeting" for this coming Monday and will add the additional argument that I plan to get married and I may go to HUD about being lied to by a previous building manager when I spoke to her about an apartment transfer.

Wish me luck.

They don't care. If they deem you to be properly housed then as far as they're concerned the rest is your problem. What housing program are you in?

They don't care. If they deem you to be properly housed then as far as they're concerned the rest is your problem. What housing program are you in?

I'm in a public housing program that HUD has overall jurisdiction in. The building is supposed to only be for senior citizens, but I know for a fact HUD puts disabled people into my building.

When I brought up to the landlord's lawyer that I would go to HUD to complain, he commented that HUD gets many complaints about my landlord to which I commented that says something about the landlord. When I brought up that I was lied to by the previous building manager, the lawyer commented that he wasn't present so I commented I was.

I'm awaiting a letter before deciding what my next step will be.

I haven't given up. I'm going to try something else which will take time.

Although I encountered some resistance, I got a doctor's note that will be the basis for an apartment transfer so I will shortly reapply. If I encounter further resistance from building management, I will contact HUD and a lawyer for further assistance.

This is good news, but it is a lengthy process.

Glad you will get to move. Sounds like you played the system into your favor. Congrats!

Thank you.

It was really a matter of asking the right questions, first what would it take to authorize an apartment transfer (a medical excuse) and then I asked at the doctor what type of medical excuse is needed for the apartment transfer which resulted in the doctor's note.

Back
Top Bottom