My crazy weekend

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Yeah I'm burnt out from all the stuff I did this weekend. It's kinda a cool story so I guess I'll share it with everyone. Friday I met up with a bunch of Focus buddies and a few other friends and headed down to Montgomery to race. We chilled for a while at a hotel then hit the drag strip. My first run was about 18.2 seconds but I managed to bring it down to 17.139 sec at 78.77mph. Oh yeah, I know what you're thinking. How can you possibly be that fast? Right? Well keep in mind it's an automatic Focus. There was a guy with a mid 90-s civic hatch there with a turbo and maybe an engine swap (seems like I heard someone say it was a b16) that was running in the 13's :eek:
I want one now.

Now for all you football fans I went back to Auburn to watch the worst football game ever. It was like the battle to see who was the worst team. Seems like there were 8 turnovers, tons of interceptions thrown by Auburn, and unfortunately my home team went on to lose the game by like 4 touchdowns or whatever. I guess GA deserved the win though, they played much better.

So, back down through Montgomery back to Dothan to go home and go race again. I autocrossed (huge helicopter field with a cone gate track set up) this time (what the car was meant to do) and did fairly well. I was way down in the grid but once again I was up against way faster cars, such as S2000's, STi's, Z06's, Mustang GT's, the list goes on. lol
So yeah, I'm way slower than those guys too.

For all the non-car guys that suffered through reading this I'm sorry. But it was indeed an awesome weekend. If you're interested in racing check out the Sports Car Club of America, best thing that ever happened to me. Tons of people there race street driven cars and I've met a lot of great people, so check it out. All you folks across the pond, I dunno if they have anything like that over there but I bet they do if you look hard enough.

Now to do my math homework. :D

Back
Top Bottom