my car amp thread :D

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
well i was lookin at subs on youtube and i came across this xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INIDXkSXnJU&feature=related

i want to do this. he has like a 900watt amp and i have a 400watt amp, hes using a 350watt psu but with 2 rails. can i splice too PSU into one and wire it up? would this work? this would be completely free for me cuz i have 2 psu's sitting in my closet and my friend will give me the amp and i have the 10' kicker sub sitting in my closet too xD

Yea it'd work just fine, we have a high end PSU in my home theater hooked up to a car amplifier. It's a cheap but legitimate alternative for amazing sound.

No, that's a bad idea. lol

Just use one, but run a couple of the 12v lines to the amp instead of just one. Ex. run one of the 12v CPU wires and one of the 12v molex wires and that should be enough. That way you'll be using both rails.

How many amps is your current one? Simply multiply the voltage by amperage and you have wattage. If it doesn't meet or exceed your amp's wattage, then you need a new psu.

which one?? or should i buy another one?

DSCF0743.jpg

the top one is 16amps and the bottom is 18amps so should i splice them together?

If you do the math (12 volts * amps * 80% [efficiency for amps]) you can find out how many "watts" you can get out of your amp with that PSU. The 80% efficiency is likely a high estimate too.

Back
Top Bottom